wackystuff

HikVision DS-2CD2112-I flashing at night

i bought a used HikVision DS-2CD2112-I. camera works great in the daytime but at nightime it flashes..

i have set the setting to auto and night... is the camera defective or are there other setting that i can change to prevent this flashing?

FLtuaJ6Lv5c

exposure time is set to 1/30.

it flashes most of the time throughout the night, switches between the day/night modes, then it will change/flash again, etc.. video was taken late in the evening, the level of darkness is consistent (there is a street lamp on the opposite side of the street)..

another video (sorry for the shakiness/bluriness)

3TQYKKMWWHg

i have tried turning on and off the WDR but that doesn't help.

'Switch Time' what is that setting you have?

This is the time it looks to change from day to night to day to night, it looks like yours is switching because of the street lights that are bright.

Try increasing that to 60 seconds.

Or try setting 'Day/Night Switch' to day time all the time.

switch time is set to 20, but i have tried it up to 80..(in night and in auto mode)..

setting it to daytime mode eliminates this flashing but i would like the detail of black/white picture...

What is the 'Sensitivity' setting that you're using?

Try setting that to 'low' to see if will stop it switching to day time as much.

You can also set a schedule if all that fails. Your street is very bright, that it is why it thinks it is daytime.

How is it mounted? Any chance that IR is reflecting back into the lens and tricking the light sensor into thinking it is day?

the camera is mounted on a wall under a balcony. i went outside to check the camera from the street and the infrared led light is turning on and off...thus, i believe this is where the flashing is coming from..

Switching sensitivity should take care of this, but I agree with shockwave - the day mode image looks much better than when the IR kicks in, due to the reflections from the dome. You've got plenty of light for a nice non-IR picture at 1/30 s.

You might also check to see if you've got the old style IR collar that blocks a bunch of the LEDs and provides mediocre sealing. These caused a lot of IR reflection on the domes.

Joey is correct, when the video is in color mode, it works in daylight-mode, when the video is in black/white mode, it works in night-mode.