Sign in to follow this  
icom102

New cctv system needed

Hi all i need a new cctv home system i have NO light round my house at night so need something that will give me 100% quality pictures during the day and something that works well in darkness is there such a thing?

For that budget, look at ACTi cameras, the 9 channel NVR (ENR-1200) runs under $700 here in the U.S. and you can get 4 cameras, like e32 bullets and/or e72 domes (both 3 megapixels) for under $350 USD here so would imagine if it's $2,100 USD here, it's probably under £2000 there. Considering the quality and support, to me represents the best value for your price range.

Alternatively, you can get Axis cameras, the M3024-LVE Domes (1 megapixel) in the under $600 price range, 4 would be $2,400 USD, put SD cards in the to record or record to network storage and skip the NVR and use their free Axis Camera Companion to manage the recordings and provide playback through a Window app. Axis does not make an NVR, so if you chose to have an NVR, you would have to go 3rd party.

On the lower end, there's Hikvision or Dahua 1080P or 3MP bullets/domes, tend to run in the $200ish range, the NVR about $500.

if in the UK look at avermedia ..... gives you a lot more options either with aver cameras or 3rd party.

if your looking at wanting good IR new aver range is better priced.

My problem is i dont know anything about cameras or recorders i have two grand to spend and want something good and will give me good quality pictures in darkness

Have you considered hiring a company to come and install it and tell them night time is your most concern. And tell them if you

cannot see at night, than your not paying them. Simple problem, simple solution.

You need to find a better security guy. There are cameras that do very well at night, depends on your budget. Also, you can get external illuminators to help in some tough spot. In the front of the home, you can use LED bulbs in porch lights and run them dusk to dawn that will make a big difference (don't use CFL).

Your better off not having that guy install your cameras if he said that. Call another company than. If your on this forum

asking which cameras work best at night, you obviously believe that there are cameras that work at night. Do not think

any camera with IR's will light up your property though. There are cameras better than others. As mentioned though, if

your area around your house is very dark, some extra IR illuminators will be helpful and maybe have an electrician come

in and install some motion activated lighting?

Well my budget is around £2000 so what would yous suggest in the line of HD?

Yes i can put up some lighting if needed i guess

You need to find a better security guy. There are cameras that do very well at night, depends on your budget. Also, you can get external illuminators to help in some tough spot. In the front of the home, you can use LED bulbs in porch lights and run them dusk to dawn that will make a big difference (don't use CFL).

buellwinkle, curious about your thoughts on led vs cfl and how it affects the camera?

Thanks

ok guys whats CFL and what do yous say i get as i say i have around £2000 till £2500 to spend on this system

CFL does not put out as much IR light as LED, you'll notice a big difference switching from one to the other.

Interesting, I did make the switch and noticed the difference but the leds were also brighter than the cfl so I didn't make the connection.

ok guys whats CFL and what do yous say i get as i say i have around £2000 till £2500 to spend on this system

compact fluorescent lamp...he is saying for outdoor lighting use LED light bulbs because it improves the night vision because of the ir light it gives off. They are priced ok now hand have many benefits including, low power consumption, instant on and long life.

CFL is compact fluorescent.

If you google CFL spectrum and white LED spectrum, it looks like neither one puts out much IR. I'd be surprised if white LEDs put a lot of energy into the IR spectrum, but I've never researched it in depth.

Ok this don't help me get a new cctv system can someone help i need a 8 channel hd sdi recorder and 4 hd sdi cameras and i have around £2000 till £2500 till spend on it