SicilianDragon

Cannot recognize the suspect from the CCTV footage

Hi,

We are using ACTI TCM 3411 & TCM 3111, we have a stealing incident.

The suspect pass the blind side of the 1st camera, passes the 2nd camera which is on a high ceiling (wearing a cap, footage pixelated) then go on the far end, enough for the 3rd camera to not recognize her face.

I thought dome camera is enough so that people won’t be able to predict the blind side of the camera.

How are we going to improve our CCTV that we will be able to have clear picture of the face of all the people who passed our camera especially in the lobby?

Thank you very much and more power to CCTVFORUM.

Covert eye level cameras (possibly BELOW eye level looking up a bit) at choke points or cameras with a long lens (lots of "zoom") up a bit higher but aimed far away, possibly at your entrance door, to achieve a shallow angle to help defeat caps and hoodies.

http://www.axis.com/products/p12_series/

Axis has covert mounts available, too.

Low mounted cameras are easily defeated by having an accomplice stand in front of them, but if you don't tell anybody they're there and use/review the footage only when the other cams are foiled? Even most of your security team might remain unaware so they can't spoil the surprise with rumours.

Low mounted cameras are easily defeated by having an accomplice stand in front of them, but if you don't tell anybody they're there and use/review the footage only when the other cams are foiled? Even most of your security team might remain unaware so they can't spoil the surprise with rumours.

heres what i did when we had several incidents in our street/home to do with cable thefts, and scrap. i installed a lamppost light at end of driveway on concrete pad, and installed a covert varifocal ir camera inside the lamppost looking onto our driveway entrance area, caught several number plates when people have parked there although since the number plate cams become installed we havent had a problem apart from postmans van etc but at least registrations can now be read day and night.

The covert Axis P12XX that Kawboy12R mentioned is a very good solution. A 720p camera in a very small form factor. It is literally the size of my thump. I have an Axis P1204 camera. Mine mounted below eye level, so even if you wear a cap I will still get a useable facial shot.

The camera is so small you can not tell what is is if you mount it well. When my brother came to visit me I asked him to find my P1204 camera, after 10min he gave up. He could not tell where it was mounted until I pointed it out to him. He is now looking into getting one too.

The covert Axis P12XX that Kawboy12R mentioned is a very good solution. A 720p camera in a very small form factor. It is literally the size of my thump. I have an Axis P1204 camera. Mine mounted below eye level, so even if you wear a cap I will still get a useable facial shot.

The camera is so small you can not tell what is is if you mount it well. When my brother came to visit me I asked him to find my P1204 camera, after 10min he gave up. He could not tell where it was mounted until I pointed it out to him. He is now looking into getting one too.

I have an existing cat6 cable run in the wall to my wiring closet, so is it possible to cut the cable on the sensor unit and patch it in to the existing cat6, and have the main unit in the wiring closet? I don't want

to rip out part of the wall for the main unit installation.

Unfortunately, cutting the cable will void the warrant & you may not get the camera working right unless you get the cable pinouts right.

At the ASIS show last month they had that camera mounted in a fake ATM and all you saw from the face of the ATM was a small hole, maybe 1/16" round, amazing. But you do need the box that comes with it's cable.

Pretty cool cameras!

Edit: I surely hope they are ONVIF...

I only wish that Axis had a D/N version of the P12 series. Unless you have a lot of light, these cameras aren't that effective.

This is a general complaint I have of many of the newer Axis models that have come out, particularly in the cheaper M series - no DN capability at all. Don't know if that's more a product/marketing decision or cost consideration (or both), but really, at Axis level of quality (and cost) I think all of their cameras should have DN capability, or at least sell a completely BW version of P12XX.

I got one of the P12 cameras and mounted it behind a telephone jack wall plate. The camera is mounted to the back side of the jack and you can't see the little hole at all. It just looks like a mount to hang a phone on the wall, there's just no phone.

I actually considered getting a cheap wall mount phone and gutting it and mounting it in the phone itself. Just seemed like too much work when the jack itself hides the camera quite well.

You must select the highest resolution in the dvr settings. Check this link for more details.

http://txxxxxxxxxxxs.html

are you for real ...... your directing him to a CIF recorder,

PLA system: Display Resolution: 720 × 576 compressed resolution: 352 × 288

NTSC system: Display Resolution: 720 × 480 compressed resolution: 352 × 240