Spoutnik

Standalone and long duration camera

Hello,

I live in a residence and I want to buy somehting quite cheap to keep an eye on my bike that has suffered damage from someone ( I have a few suspects in mind ).

I just need something that I can hide in bushes and can record continuously for approx 48hours (a week-end), no need for high quality image or anything fancy ...

I can't find something that fits these criteria, any ideas ?

Hi. You do need quality images or your just wasting your time just having AN image of a problem that can't be used because it's not of good quality is just the same as having no camera at all

But for your needs trail cam will do everything you need

How are you planning to power this device? Hiding it in the bushes isn't so easy when it comes to power. Most trail cams require a solar panel or something to keep them running, 48 hours is a very, very long time to run on batteries!

Hi. You do need quality images or your just wasting your time just having AN image of a problem that can't be used because it's not of good quality is just the same as having no camera at all

But for your needs trail cam will do everything you need

I didn't know of trail cams, they definitely look interesting.

How are you planning to power this device? Hiding it in the bushes isn't so easy when it comes to power. Most trail cams require a solar panel or something to keep them running, 48 hours is a very, very long time to run on batteries!

I originally wanted to use a 12v battery from a bike ...

They are quite small so they can be hidden easily.

Well ... this one is perfect except for the price

You don't want anything with a high quality image or anything fancy (quote)

And you can't find anything?

99.9% of the crap that comes from China fits your requirement and eBay is flooded with it!

Well obviuously you're better at searching that kind of stuff on ebay so maybe you can give me pointers to what I should buy to achieve what I want :

Something not TOO crappy at a reasonable price that can last for a long time either with it's own power supply or an external one.