camera714

I need help guys, dont know which camera to get!!

I have a night vision camera infront of my house, the problem with this camera is that at night it can't see sh**T. I bought an IR night vision lamp to help it, well it helped a little bit but the view of the night vision is only at one lil spot. I'm looking for a camera that have a wide angle view of the front yard plus a good night vision that can see up to 30 ft and about 30ft wide. basicaly im looking for one that can see the whole front yard DAY and NIGHT. ive been asking around all they say is buy ours is one of the best and all that bs. so please I NEED HELP LOOKING FOR ONE THATS RIGHT!!!

day/night

daynight.jpgpic of the camera and the 48 IR lamp

camera.jpg

Edited by Guest

Camera 714,

A quick suggestion for you. I don't know the camera or the I/R source, but it's obvious that the intense reflection off the support(?) is causing the camera to overcompensate.

The IR Diode light source is not really going to provide the angle of coverage you are looking for, but you could try the following to see if it will light half the area.

Move the "lamp" to a position next to the support (out of view of the camera, so it's no longer reflecting off it). Purely as an experiment, try using a thin layer of vaseline (grease) on the lamp window to see if its possible to diffuse the light output to cover a wider area. If it makes a significant difference, you can have a think about using a proper permanent glass diffuser, and if necessary, consider a second light source to achieve your 30' width of illumination / coverage.

I agree with Cooperman, try readjusting the IR fixture away from the support.

Bouncing IR light away from the subject (adjacent wall...ground) will lessen the chance of "ghosting" target. Camera is looking for even scene illumination. Perhaps relocating IR illuminator a few feet to either side of the camera will help.

Would you happen to know what the IR range of the illuminator? 730 nm, 750nm?

Cheers......Rapid

here is your IR beam btw ..

Looks like a short range IR illuminator, OEM style .. either way, any IR you use inside there is going to refelect off that iron bar, either move it downward, to the right more, or move the bulb outside of that area so it hits the yard at an angle, though the camera is only positioned for that area, not the yard either ..

Either way its short range IR and all you are pointing it at is that iron bar and roof .. unless thats the flash from your camera we are seeing ?

dnedit.jpg

the top is from the white wording. yeah its hitting the bar, i moved it to the side, i can see a lil better now. im thinking of buying another ir lamp maybe 2 more?

ill post pic in a lil bit

If you are going to buy 2 more IR Ill. you might as well just buy one new camera that will do the job without all the extra IR ill.

There are plenty of inexpensive IR Bullet cameras that will illuminate the hell out of that whole area and still give you a nice picture.

NO not really...not for that price.

You need something like Mace's Cam53CIR..They work great at night, 1/3 sony sensor, 470TVL, 3.6mm Lens, 50ft IR range, built in mic...Overall a good camera especially for night viewing.

What is your budget for the new camera..under $200.00??

I would also try to stay away from EBAY..

cam 53's are great for the price. One of the best affordable. I cant even count how many of those we have sold.

sorry it is taking so long. The craziest thing happeaned. I pulled a system remotly to take a snapshot and just so happeaned to see someone stealing from this store while I was online. So I called the owner and they caught them! They are loving me now! I will post some when I get home. Had to go down to the location.

It should have according to the place you ordered it from:

Package Contents:

CAM53CIR Weatherproof Long Range IR Camera with Built-In Audio

100 FT BNC-to-BNC Cables

Power Supply

Mounting Brackets

You need to call Digitally Unique and ask them to send that cable because they do advertise that it is included.

Thanks

AHH!!! WTF I just found it they sent me the wrong cam!! i order CAM53CIR instead they gave me CAM43CIR!!!

calling them right now