camera714

I need help guys, dont know which camera to get!!

*sigh* i have to return this and get the right one. the lady said the manufactur probably mix up the tag on the camera...

and the bad thing is they dont have the cam53cir in stock

thats weird. Ya that is a cam 53. I have never heard of mace doing that. But it looks exactly like the 53. It has audio microphone right? If so that seems to be the same one.

Ok I am not crazy. Mace does not make a cam 43. That cam 43 is made by MACALLY . Looks like a want to be. Mace did not make that mistake. The company you bought that from made that mistake. Because like I said, mace does not make a 43cir so how would they get the tags mixed up? I have dealt with mace probably second only to kandcorp

and mistakes have been made by them but never anything like that. (that i have seen)

i just test out the camera, 100 times better then the old one i have. night vision works really well. im gona wait for my 100 ft cable than mount it up

some thing is screwy about that website.

Manufacturer Mace Group, Inc.

Manufacturer Part Number CAM53CIR

Manufacturer Website Address www.macally.com

Product Name CAM53CIR Weatherproof Long Range IR Camera with Built-In Audio

Product Type Surveillance/Network Camera

Lens Type Focal Length: 4.3mm

Manufacturer www.macally.com

?????

Mace group, is different from Mace Security international

Product Type Surveillance/Network Camera

( network??)

Connectivity Technology Cable

I love that type of connectivity, "cable". "Oh really I thought it was connected by sliced bread". Good thing they cleared that up.

I took a closer look because I thought it was a network camera also.

They should change that it's very misleading.

oh well I guess it is one of them "cable networks"

Because they did explain the connectivity of it, remember?

( cable )

Man we would have lost without that detailed explanation of how it is connected.

Oh ya and in case you have not noticed I use sarcasm just a little bit.

says mace on the camera, looks like the mace camera in the image, cam53, then it must be, dont think one OEM is going to try to make their camera look like another OEMs which cost around the same ..

but i wonder who designs these cameras, apart from a couple minor differences, the cases look so much alike

http://www2.cop-usa.com/ebproductdetail.asp?id=455

Cant say i like COP cameras though ...

though that particular mace cam packs alot into that one .. high res and 1/3" lens .. not bad for the extremely low price ..

OK,

Mace does make a CAM43CIR and it was actually the 1st and 2nd generation CAM53CIR. They are still being sold and usually come along with their pre-packaged observation systems. They only sell that camera and packages really to DBL Distributing. Digitaly Unique from what I remember working for Mace Does buy direct from DBL. The only difference between the 2 cameras supposedly is that the 53 is 470TVL 1/3" sony and the 43 is 420TVL 1/4" ??...But other than that, same body, IR's, Lens, etc..

I wouldnt even go through the trouble of returning it because there is not much difference between the 2. Just call them up and ask for a credit for the difference. And make sure you get your Cable. To tell you the truth the CAM53CIR is only 420TVL..

It always has been

THERE NOW THE TRUTH IS OUT

And as far as Macally...I dont know, I remember seing them a few times when searching Mace prods online. And I actually dont really get it. I inquired once to see if I could find out a little more about why a MAC ipod acces. company sold Mace cams..beat me Shopping.com and Amazon at one point had the 53 marked as Macally too....

CAM53CIR original SOURCE:

http://leshi.manufacturer.globalsources.com/si/6008802168230/ProductDetail/CCTV-water-resistant/product_id-1001448847/action-GetProduct.htm

CAM43CIR original SOURCE:

http://leshi.manufacturer.globalsources.com/si/6008802168230/ProductDetail/CCTV-water-resistant/product_id-1001448831/action-GetProduct.htm

But I beleive they buy all of the first one and just label them differently now since they have been buying them for so long.

boo.. the only way i can get the 100ft cable is to send the camera back and thats gona take couple of weeks

im just gona go radio shack

Thats BS..Why wont they just send you the cable that was already paid for. You should really reconsider calling them back for the cable and not wasting your time or money at Radio Shack.

Why do they need the camera back if all you need is the cable!

called them like 3 times all they say is send the camera back and we'll send you the cable. one of the lady i talk to yesterday said she will call the manufacture see if they have the 100 ft cable. im still waiting for her to call back. whats the point of sending the camera back when they going to send the same exact camera back again???and plus i have to pay for s/h. fucking bull **** .