shaywood

Upgraded to Windows 8.1 - Can't View Cameras QC804

Really like the new firmware update for QC804, which runs great under Windows 8. However, today I upgraded to Windows 8.1 and now I can't see the cameras. Anyone else? I even reloaded the operating system, upgraded to Windows 8.1 and accessed the NVR again. QuickTime installed under Chrome, but still no picture on Chrome or IE 11.

It's most likely an issue with QuickTime. I'm 99.9999% certain of it.

I have several computers running Windows 8, and one with 8.1. As soon as I upgraded the first computer, I lost the ability to view the CCTV stream (via browser w/ QuickTime plugin like usual). I did some research and discovered some posts about QuickTime incompatibility in 8.1. So I'm just using my other Win8 boxes to view the stream... they work fine.

I'm using a DVR from Gadspot, but I don't think it has anything to do with the device -- I'm pretty convinced that it's a browser/plugin issue. So I'll be waiting 'til that's fixed before upgrading my other computers.

I'll see if I can find those forum posts (again) about QuickTime under 8.1.

I was finally able to get it to work by messing with the compatibility view setting in IE 11 and adding URL to trusted sites. Easiest way is to just disable Enhanced Protected mode.