securitymonster

Remote View with a MAC

What about using a RTOS type standalone box with a built in web server. If they primarily use MAC computers, will they be able to view these over the net? Will their standard browser work?

Then, what about client software, is most client software pc/mac compatible or just pc compatible?

Most DVR Client Software that I know of are all PC compatible only.

The web browser viewer will only work if it uses Java or Javascript, not ActiveX.

Rory

No idea, but once it has all the windows folders, system folders, a registry, a root drive and locations where the software can install, then it may work. Peronsally i dont know anything about macs .. sorry ..

Its difficult enough just getting this stuff to work with Windows, let alone on a Mac ..

well Geo comes with Java Applet also, very basic though and needed/needs some more tweaking .. the javascript is cutsom though..

as for stand alones that have Java Applets .. Everfocus, Dedicated Micros ..all i can think of right now ..

Customizing the software depends on what the DVR manufacturer gives you, PC based DVRs are much easier to customize things as its on a windows platform and then you can even write your own additional software to run on the server, GE Stand alones are also easy these days as they have Admin sections that allow you to upload edited pages, images, etc .. havent messed with it beyond customizing a GUI with ActiveX though ..

You can do it via emulation on the MAC....but it's not cheap. And it's a PITA solution for this kind of problem.