Sign in to follow this  
sneg_mike

Strange problem, with remote iphone view

Hey guys

I can not work this one out has any one experienced this ?

Every thing worked fine with remote view iphone / my galaxy tab

isp changed ip, so I did what needed to be done.

now...

3 of the 8 cams, come up with a black screen with the time, date and cam name but no picture

further more you can use the ptz controls on the app to move the cam and you can see it moving on the tv

whilst the app just has the black screen

I have tried 4 different apps so far both iphone and tablet both on home net work and 3g

oh also happens in ie too!

mike.

Make sure the video box is checked in the sub stream settings, try to open just one camera at a time in your iphone.

Sub stream settings where can I find these ? on the drv it self ?

thanks

mike.

Which dvr do you have? In the streaming settings for each channel, you can enable/disable each camera to be viewed remotely. It doesn't sound like you changed anything, but that is one thing to look at. If you can see at least one camera, than it has nothing to do with your IP or ISP.

What dvr and what phone app are you dealing with? Before anything, it might be worth rebooting your router, the dvr, and your phone. When weird things happen but they worked fine previously, always reboot as the first course of action. Especially phones. People keep them on 24/7 these days but remote camera apps can get funky every so often and rebooting the phone can help.