Sign in to follow this  
chinadirectshopping

Buying Dahua directly from China and resell?

Hi guys,

My zmodo died recently so I was looking for a better dvr, it seems that people in this forums prefer Dahua, so I wanted to get a Dahua myself. However, the problem is that it's so hard to find a retailer here in the US and even if you managed to find one, they sell Dahua in a very high price (comparing to the price in China).

So I'm thinking of being a reseller of Dahua in the US, when people order, I can order them in China and have products shipped to the US directly. Of course I have to find a reliable supplier in China and a cheap shipping method. But I expect the end-user price still be much lower than what you would pay directly to a US retailer.

Do you guys think this business model makes sense? I want to get some feedback before I actually start my business. Thank you!

There's more involved than just ordering from a website from China and reselling here in the US. When you order from China, you usually have to wait some time before you receive your items. If you plan on ordering a ton of cameras and nvr's, than you need alot of money to invest. Than you need to build and maintain a website and accept credit cards and what not. Than, what do you do if a customer of yours gets a bad camera and wants it warrantied? You have to pay for him to ship the camera back to you, you have to pay to ship him a new camera, you have to pay to ship the first one back to china. Also, not only do you pay big shipping fee, you have to pay customs fees. But hey, if you want to buy from China and resell here in the US, than knock yourself out.

Thanks for your insight luckyfella.

Yes the warranty can be a problem. But if I can make a big margin for each product I sold, I could provide the warranty out of my own pocket. For example, Security Camera King sells Dahua's full D1 8 channel DVR for $369, I could get a similar model from China for just $80, reselling it at $200, I could get quite a nice profit. So it it's broken in a year, the customer just ships the unit back to me and I can send him a new one. Yes I may loose a couple dollars for each refund, but overall I think it's profitable.

I won't buy any inventory myself, the carrier I found can ship from China to the US within 5 ~ 8 days with a reasonable cost.

The only issue I have now is the technical support, which is time consuming and I'm sure Dahua won't give any support to those people who buy from me.

Well, I've tried a few chinese distributors and the shipping time is never the same. I've learned that they do not have much of their own stock also. They have a limited stock and Dahua has almost no stock at all. Dahua waits for a large order of one product and than they produce it. I was told I have to wait 3-4 weeks for a PTZ that I want because Dahua is waiting for a big order just to start building them. How do you feel telling your customers they have to wait 2 weeks, even 4 weeks sometimes for something they order while they can go to empire or security camera king, or several others that have invested a ton of money to have their own stock?

chinadirectshopping

What store do people buy these get rich quick calculators from.

Your working on only 1 warranty ........what if it goes down twice in the year.

Yes you can sell them cheap IF

You take the risk of no insurance...... Liability

You take risk of customer needing customer service

That before you have calculated import taxes.

But ....... Your quick sum

Buy for $80 then sell for $200 .........who buys the hard drive ??? Who holds warranty on hard drive