Sign in to follow this  
frankietabs

Accessing WDR on Lorex 8 channel system (Costco)

Hey guys. I have searched the forums but could not completely figure out how to access WDR settings on my Lorex system. I was able to find that you should plug in a computer to POE port of NVR but what do I do next to get to the WDR settings for the cams? I have 1 Dome and 2 bullets at the moment and wanted to optimize them especially for night time.

I have attached a pic of my setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated to reduce the noise on my side of the house camera. Thanks.

P.S. I also noticed that my side camera gets condensation during the day. I went to clean the lens but noticed it was on the inside. Is this common? My other two cameras do not have this.

screenshot.png.ff4ef63697c5b274ddbd69512eb4e467.png

I made a post of steps to do this- maybe it can help you get to your cameras web pages

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=35962&p=220793&hilit=hitting+camera+through+nvr#p220793

As for the condensation, I'm guessing it's your dome camera? It is not sealed well if it's fogging up on the inside. You should try to open it on a low humidity day, first off. Then clean it and try a small silica dry pack inside and see if that absorbs the moisture.

Increase noise reduction to 100%, do not enable WDR as it make even more noise at night.

With the latest firmware, V5.0.5+, play with the gain value, I have mine at 75.

You can update the Lorex cameras to the latest Hikvision firmware. [see elsewhere on this forum]

Thanks guys. I was able to follow the guide and that helped me change the noise settings on my side camera.

The condensation was on a bullet camera but that last few days I have not noticed any condensation. I guess I should contact Lorex to see if there is a firmware update as I do not want to void the warranty. The picture both day and night is pretty good as well as recording motion it does not stutter and is quite smooth.

In terms of firmware upgrading, does it make that much of a quality difference going to 3mp versus what is stock? If it does I might consider doing it.

The 3MP setting is a 4:3 format, like an old TV, instead of the HD 16:9 format like widescreen TVs.

It's also got a smaller horizontal field of view than the 1080p setting, showing less horizontally and a bit more vertically.

If you need either the extra height or the 4:3 format for your coverage, 3MP is good. If you'd rather have wider coverage and the 1080P type format, stick with 1080p.