toofy

Swann NVR8-7200 break in at local clients business need help

Hi everybody i just want to start off by saying you guys are great on here and i always come here when i need something answered. I installed these cameras for a friend at his local business. He loves the quality of the video and the smart phone capabilities of the NVR unit. Recently this past month not once, but 3 times his business cars got robbed and just this morning he got his Hummer H2 robbed of all his stereo, some cash, etc. Now, this last incident was his fault where he left the door open, but i am wondering if there is anything i can do that could alert him while there is something going on in the middle of the night?

He lives at his business, so he can go right outside at any given moment as he has a whole floor upstairs to himself. I understand the cameras have this motion sensor alert feature that would make the DVR beep correct? But how fool proof is it? I know the big problem sometimes are spider webs he gets on the red LED's from the nigtt vision that they attract to so anything that moves would probably make them go off.

Can anyone reccomend something that would alert him when these people come around his cars in the middle of the night? Anything that we can do with the SWANN NVR unit, or something that we can add on?

Thank you all so much! If i am missing a feature in this NVR, please let me know!

Look at adding PIR sensors to the alarm in ports. Google "Paradox PIR" or "Optex PIR". There are all kinds of detection patterns and levels of quality.

Look at adding PIR sensors to the alarm in ports. Google "Paradox PIR" or "Optex PIR". There are all kinds of detection patterns and levels of quality.

Thank you! will these work with the SWANN?

Thanks.

Hi. PIRs would work but still have false alarms or install a good PIR setup like a redwall unit.

if you want solid protection then optex beams ..... just 4 core alarm cable back to NVR

234123_1.png

156896_1.att

or another optex with custom added voice alert ..... same install just 4 core cable or go wireless video demo

234123_1.jpg

30G5iMZ6sxQ

Thank you... i am doing some homework on this. I will most likely get him a wireless PIR system with a loud speaker to wake him up and the intruders to go away.

Short answer to Tom's long answer- yes. Tons of options, but if the sensor is triggering a wake-up in the middle of the night then don't buy a $20 no-name indoor sensor and expect the anti-falsing and outdoor performance of a good name-brand unit. Anything is better than video motion based alerts in most outdoor locations though.

I was thinking a decent priced wireless outdoor/indoor PIR sensor.

Is there a brand you guys can reccomend? He just wants to be ablet o be alerted while he is sleeping even if may be a false alarm or not.

Thanks!

Optex is the biggest brand of the two I mentioned. If you want cheap and aren't stuck on it working with the nvr, just search Amazon for driveway alarm and read the reviews. You can get something crappy but functional for under $20. It will probably last long enough to catch the first few crooks anyway.