anthropomancy

Is this Q-See a pretty decent system?

Thanks for the feedback

I ordered:

Q-See® 8-channel High-Definition Digital NVR with 2 TB HDD & 8 HD 1080p IP Cameras

http://www.costco.ca/.product.898498.html

And:

Q-See® QD6531Z-K Pan Tilt Zoom Camera

http://www.costco.ca/.product.999608.html

I'll be sure to post a review and add some photos when it's all set up.

-Joe

You allow a lousey 24 minutes for a response before coming back with a sarcastic " thanks for the feedback". This is a forum NOT a help desk with people sitting around just waiting for your request for help/advice. Q-See stuff is a heap of sht

It was simply sarcasm gentlemen. This is not the first forum I have been on, I know the ropes. Sorry if I offended you.

Although, it is interesting to me that the only responses gotten are defensive and attack my character.

As for the equipment being a heaping pile of ****, I suppose we'll see about that.

Should I bother reporting back?

Joe

In my opinion, any equipment that you purchase that doesn't have a "live" person to talk to when you have an issue is junk. I don't care who made it or who's name is on the front. I refuse to purchase equipment, to be used by my customer's, from anyplace that doesn't give me their "personal" phone number to talk to. If all I would be given is an 800 number, then I know I will be in trouble. When networking DVR's and connecting to the WAN, I won't promise connection unless I have a personal cell phone number for the local ISP tech, ie; Frontier, BridgeMax, Comcast, etc. So, if you purchase a product from Costco and are given a phone number that reaches a real live tech, it will be a good product, if not, then you have purchased junk. Sorry, if I upset anyone with the above comments, but I have been involved in the electronic service business for 57 years, of which 40 years is fulltime and lived way too many nightmare's with 800 numbers and automated recordings. I also don't care how many years you have been involved with a company or product, that doesn't have "personal" support behind it is not worth dealing with.

It was simply sarcasm gentlemen. This is not the first forum I have been on, I know the ropes. Sorry if I offended you.

Patience

Qsee is just re-badged dahua. I'm gonna guess you'll like it, so report back. The only problems I have with qsee is the RMA process is pretty long. Don't be surprised if getting a replacement camera can take upwards of a month. Getting them on the phone is difficult. Their live chat assistance mostly directs you to their plethora of online documents. In short, customer service is the weak spot. It's not nonexistent, but it can be tedious. Sometimes fine, sometimes not. But if everything in your package works well, you're gonna find it most acceptable. At least, that's what I figure. Good luck to you.

Sounds good.

I will report back once I get a few cameras set up.

As for the username.... Yes, anthropomancy means something, but I never adopted it with the meaning linked in mind. It's a username I have used for 10+ years and just sort of stuck.

As for the tech support, I agree that not having quality support is a real pain in the rear end. However, the quality of the gear and the price were pretty much what I was looking for.

I'm really looking forward to installing it. I will report back.

Joe