Sign in to follow this  
dca2

Inside of House, Cat (Felis catus) cameras

I have 2 cats I want to view. Im running an 8ch duaha with 2 600tvl eye serve color/ir outside.

Relatively inexpensive options? Would prefer low profile domes probably 2.

Thought--switch the outside cams for CNB DBM-24VF-W and put the older cams inside, but I'd be out $200+.

Edited by Guest

Clarification:

I want cameras in my house so I can view what the cats are doing during the day while I am at work!

Thanks,

Dave

What I want is a collar with a spring coming out the top with a laser pointer attached to it. That would keep a cat occupied all day long and make for great YouTube videos. Can you really have enough cat videos?

Dave,

Why not use a couple cheap Foscam FI8910W. You can catch them on sale for cheap. This is what I used to monitor my epileptic German Shepherd. Decent enough picture to tell what going on in the house and the IR wasn't bad. Just a cheap solution...I was using 2 cameras with H264 WebCam software and viewing him while I was at work.

Kenny

66Chev- thanks for the suggestion, I already have the DVR system and it can network for remote viewing. I am trying to stay away from IP cameras.

I'm really looking for inexpensive, decent quality to add to my currently installed system

Dave

234600_1.jpg

My cat-cam is a DLink DCS-5010L day/night PT(no Z); IIRC I paid around 89 bucks for it. The PT really comes in handy as cats like to change their hiding places every now and then.

Thanks for the suggestions.

After looking through a BUNCH of threads, I went ahead and ordered 2 CNB DJL-20S to try out. I really wanted to stay away from wireless and the hard-wired PTZ too much $$ for cats!

If the CNB DJL-20S work out, I may put one in each common room.

Thanks,

Dave

You can pick up IP CUBE camera which is popular at pets store and hotel. Mostly is bundled free apps on smart phone for you live views. Some items is equipped Pan Tail and Zoom ( optical or digital) for you tracking as well as acoustic microphone built-in.