cglaeser

Avigilon Android loses user names, passwords, and views

I recently switched from an iPhone to a Samsung Galaxy S4. I monitor 21 cameras on 3 servers. Several times now the S4 has deleted my settings for one or more servers and the associated cameras. This is really annoying because it takes me three to five minutes to set up all the servers, cameras, and views. When an alarm goes off I need access to the cameras instantly and don't have time to reenter user names, passwords, and views. I contacted Avigilon tech support and they don't have any reports of this problem. Has anyone else experienced this problem on the Android platform?

Best,

Christopher

I have not experienced this problem, but then again, I am not monitoring that number of cameras, nor on multiple servers. I have a single server with 12 cameras. I'm also using a Galaxy S4.

In general, I am not impressed with the Android App. Avigilon needs to throw some more engineering resources at this, as their competitors have much more functional apps. Even some of the $4 third party camera monitoring apps are much better. They definitely need to improve the playback of recorded clips...not good at all.

Don't now if it's inherently an Android problem as I have used 3 different camera apps without a problem including Milestone XProtect Mobile Client, IP Cam Viewer and EagleEyes. Never had password/sign-in issues. I would call Avigilon and get them to fix it. The Galaxy S4 is one of the top Android phones out there so it's not like asking it to work on a unique phone.