shah5555

Why my Dvr is not online?

Hi everybody!

i have a chinese based DVR and Dyndns.com address (shahzadch.dyndns.com)

and a DSL Connection in pakistan. my modem model is ECHOLIFE HG510a

please help me how i view online anywhere my Security cameras.

i attach my DVR, DSL MOdem and dyndns screenshot please help me to configuring these.

DVR...

234647_2.png

DSL MODEM.....

234647_3.png

Dyndns Domain.......

234647_1.png

Edited by Guest

1. Those thumbnails size screen shots are too small to read.

2. Forget Dyndns for now. Make sure you can make it work with your outside IP address first. Once it is working that way, then you can worry about the dnydns stuff.

3. I can ping your outside number. When I type that number in a web browser, I get your DSL router. This means that your DSL router is set to allow outside access, and it is doing it on port 80. If you don't need outside access on your router, than turn it off. If you do need it, makes sure it is not on the same port as your DVR. You can't have two devices (router and DVR) on port 80.

4. Probably could help some more if you had full size images for the screen shots.

need to port forward to the nvr

also might be a good idea to prevent access to the modem from outside networks, should be a setting in there, so that you can pass through to the nvr, but not be able to edit the modem settings

1. Those thumbnails size screen shots are too small to read.

2. Forget Dyndns for now. Make sure you can make it work with your outside IP address first. Once it is working that way, then you can worry about the dnydns stuff.

3. I can ping your outside number. When I type that number in a web browser, I get your DSL router. This means that your DSL router is set to allow outside access, and it is doing it on port 80. If you don't need outside access on your router, than turn it off. If you do need it, makes sure it is not on the same port as your DVR. You can't have two devices (router and DVR) on port 80.

4. Probably could help some more if you had full size images for the screen shots.

Ok Bro Thanks For Help

i updated my screen shots so please tell me how i change port (DVR or MODEM)

You can change the "webport" on the DVR from 80 to 81. It's right on your screen shot there, named "webport". Then, check and see if you can get to the dvr inside your network at 192.168.1.11:81. If you can do that, then you know you have everything working on your LAN. Now you need to get it working on your WAN (wide area network... the world wide web).

If you can get it working on your web, you need to set up port forwarding. On your router, go to the NAT section, and then the Virtual Server section. There you want to set up a port forward rule: External port start and end should both be 81. Protocal should be both UDP and TCIP. Internal port start and end should both be 81. Server IP address should be 192.168.1.11. Server name can be something like "DVR".

Now, test this from the outside... perhaps at a friends house. Have them type in your outside address, 182.186.210.60:81 into a web browser. Probably Internet explorer will work best. Make sure you don't forget the :81. This should bring you to your password page of your DVR. IF that works, then you can move on to using Dyndns. Do you have a static IP address at your location?