Hawkeye3

How to view Footage from DVR using a DVD player.

Is there any way to watch recorded footage from a stand alone DVR unit when using a regular DVD player which is used to watch Movies on? I have a Exelon PR-824 DVR unit with a DVD-RW drive. I have archived some footage followed by burning it onto a DVD+ disk. I tried to play it with my DVD unit which I use to watch movies all the time. The DVD tries to play it but after about 10 to 15 seconds it comes up on the display as "Cannot Play"

Is there any way to watch recorded footage from a stand alone DVR unit when using a regular DVD player which is used to watch Movies on? I have a Exelon PR-824 DVR unit with a DVD-RW drive. I have archived some footage followed by burning it onto a DVD+ disk. I tried to play it with my DVD unit which I use to watch movies all the time. The DVD tries to play it but after about 10 to 15 seconds it comes up on the display as "Cannot Play"

You will need to play it on a PC. You may need special viewing software or a codec depending on the file type the dvr exports...

Thanks Boogieman, I have tried to play it on my PC without success. The file type that my DVR exports is a .avi type. Would you recommend any good programs that would work for my file type?