Sign in to follow this  
dbritt68

Connections for my cameras in one place

Hi All

I have 5 cameras around my home, these cameras have a power lead and a bnc connector coming of each camera.

At the moment I have them all going individually to the back of my dvr. This was a task to each lead to dvr.

So is there a unit what I can buy like a junction box idea?

So all leads goto a junction box and then I can just take one to the dvr unit?

Thanks

You need some shotgun coaxial cable. It carries power and video down 1 wire. So either buy a 100m roll or 5 x 20m pre made cables.

run the cables from each camera to near where your DVR is.

all your BNC (video) need to go from your camera to the back of your DVR.

Your DVR does NOT power your cameras.

You need a 4 way power supply to power 4 cameras. So either buy 2 of these or buy an extra single PSU to power your 5th camera.

http://www.qvissecurity.com/Catalogue/CEARANCE-BARGAINS/Accessories/POWER-ADAPTORS/Power-Supply-5amp-4-Way-PSU5-4WAY-N

hope that helps

Hi All

I have 5 cameras around my home, these cameras have a power lead and a bnc connector coming of each camera.

At the moment I have them all going individually to the back of my dvr. This was a task to each lead to dvr.

So is there a unit what I can buy like a junction box idea?

So all leads goto a junction box and then I can just take one to the dvr unit?

Thanks

You can only do this with an IP system using a switch.

If you already have the wires running why do you need this?

Because I want to change 3 of them for new models Samsung SCO - 2080R

And was dreading lifting floor boards up again to re-run bnc/power cable.

Had these cameras for over a year and now found time to fit them, so is why I was asking the above question

Dave

If you are replacing analog camera with analog camera...they can use the same cable. Yea just replace the camera.

But you're not going to see a big upgrade unless you go either HDSDI or IP. If you ran coax already you can upgrade to hybrid SDI system (have to change DVR though) or hybrid IP system (use ethernet over coax adapter if you keep the cable) since you are just changing 3 of the cameras.

So, let me get this straight, all your camera wires are run already and all of them connect to the back of the DVR and everything is fine. So, your asking if you can connect one wire to the back of your DVR rather than all the camera wires? Why?

So let me get this straight, you have an analog camera thats working. You have the wire already run for it and nothing is wrong with the wire. You want

to upgrade that one camera all of a sudden. And you want to rip up floor boards to run a new wire? Why?