rashe

Please need a help - two cameras in my office with audio

Hello All,

I plan to install two cameras in my office with the option to record audio. I want the microphone to be hidden.

I am using Blue Iris as NVR and there are some options for audio:

235256_1.gif

I am planning to purchase 2 pieces of IPC-HDB3200C (Dahua) because it has a good quality and it's price isn't high. the problem it isn't having audio.

How can I connect more than one microphone to the computer if I choose "Directshow capture devise" ?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks again.

With that camera, duct tape a dictation machine and press record.

You can buy cameras with microphones built in, usually cube style or you can get domes with audio-in or mic-in. Audio-in means you need an amplified mic, Mic-in mean you can use an un-amplified mic. An amplified mic typically needs a 12v power supply for the amp.

The easiest thing for you is to use a cube camera that has mic/speaker already built-in, like the AVTech AVN812 (1MP WiFi), Axis M1054 (1MP, PoE) , Brickcom MB-300Ap (3MP, PoE & Day/Night).

If you want a dome, the Hikvision DS-2CD2732F-IS has mic-in and audio-in. If you like Dahua, drop the "C" and get the IPC-HDB3200 which has line-in.

If money is not an issue, the Axis P33 series domes and Mobotix D15 series domes have microphones built in but could cost more than the Dahua.

With that camera, duct tape a dictation machine and press record.

You can buy cameras with microphones built in, usually cube style or you can get domes with audio-in or mic-in. Audio-in means you need an amplified mic, Mic-in mean you can use an un-amplified mic. An amplified mic typically needs a 12v power supply for the amp.

The easiest thing for you is to use a cube camera that has mic/speaker already built-in, like the AVTech AVN812 (1MP WiFi), Axis M1054 (1MP, PoE) , Brickcom MB-300Ap (3MP, PoE & Day/Night).

If you want a dome, the Hikvision DS-2CD2732F-IS has mic-in and audio-in. If you like Dahua, drop the "C" and get the IPC-HDB3200 which has line-in.

If money is not an issue, the Axis P33 series domes and Mobotix D15 series domes have microphones built in but could cost more than the Dahua.

Hello buellwinkle,

Thanks for the comprehensive reply.

What do you think about using a separate microphone?

What do you think about using a separate microphone?

Indoors you can use a cheaper mic as it doesn't have to be weatherproof. Depending on the camera you get, you'll need an amplified mic or not. Most require an amplified mic and there's tons of them on ebay or amazon, just search for CCTV microphone. It will typically have a pigtail with a power connector for 12V and RCA style connector for audio. The camera will either have a terminal block you attach wires to or a pigtail. If it's a Dahua, it will have an RCA jack to connect, Hikvision will have just wires coming out or a terminal block depending on the model. Axis or ACTi have terminal blocks you wire into.

Here's a picture of typical amplified mic

235490_1.jpg