raptor

Help to choose cameras with resolution of 960H

Have a DVR Samsung SRD-1673D I have installed a camera Samsung SCO-2080R and BNC XCB-24VF Blue-i. I am looking for cameras with resolution of 960H or 700Tvl to see if have a better quality image. Which cameras 960H me recommended by their experiences, e.g. If the Samsung SCO-2081R is a good option to purchase or which brands you recommend.

Thanks you,

Israel

I have been looking into buying a Samsung SRD 1673d and from there web site.....SRD-1673D The next generation of Samsung’s DVR products add Full HD 1080p HDMI video out, support for 650TV lines analog cameras

So the with this DVR as far as I can tell you do not gain anything with cameras that have over 650TVL

One thing I have been trying to find out on the 1673d and the 1680d is if you can use the alarm inputs on these 2 DVR's to turn on more then one camera at a time..... like say I want to have Alarm input 1 to start recording on cameras 1,4,7,8 and 13 and then have Alarm input 2 turn on another set of cameras that may overlap some of the same cameras, can that be done in the software? or is it only one camera per alarm input?

Cougar,

TVL does not mean number of lines of a video frame. For analog, the line number (Height of a video frame) is limited to 480 active video lines (NTSC 30Hz Frame Rate) or 576 active video lines (PAL 25 Hz Frame Rate). TVL means horizontal resolution of a sensor, sounding a bit weird. They can say actually no limits for the horizontal resolution (the number of pixels in Width). The larger number of TVL also mean newer sensor and newer image signal processor, which lead to better improved video quality, in most cases. But note that the Lens brings out the Max quality that the sensor and image signal processor can offer.