goodie

Very Small sytem design for Home security

I want to install a small camera with very small overall system setup avoiding too many equipments with long term storage of atleast 3 months.

Image quality is not too important to be high quality, it should just be able to identify a person standing at the door around 6 mts clear enough.

Please suggest any system that will let me store these video for atleat 3 months so that i dont have to access it agian and again. I dont want live monitoring I just want to store this video to a memory card so that under any accidents or thefts I can use this card to investigate of what exactly happend. capable of working day/night in front of main door, so that i can see people accessing my home other than the actual residents.

Please suggest lower cost and long term storage system, no matter the picture quality of high resolution.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Pick yourself up any IP camera which offers storage to an SD card, axis, mobotix, vivotek, digimerge, there are many options, put in a 64GB SD card, get yourself some network cable a POE injector and you are set.

Don't really know why you need 3 months of storage, if someone does something that you catch on camera is it going to take you 60+ days to realize and review the footage?

So, putting up an IP camera with SD card, why do i need a POE cable, since i dont want to connect to any PC or TV or switch, it should monitor constantly and record without connecting to other device and which consume power from batteries, just like cell phone but should be for longer time.

Is it possible? Is there any such thing out there?