lordian_g

Best PTZ camera brand

Well that's encouraging. You should noodle around in there and for sure let me know what you find. You may very well improve the IR performance by doing so.

the dome is 10x zoom and if wide angle the ir is say 1 where as if 10 x zoom the ir can be set to anything upto 10 it has quite a extensive menu ill take a snap shot later

Well that's encouraging. You should noodle around in there and for sure let me know what you find. You may very well improve the IR performance by doing so.

heres some menu screen shots.

these snap shots should make it easier to read the menu

snapshot1.JPG.9d4b14f6f9ef466d19d0ed7c2556d153.JPG

snapshot2.JPG.a3fd77428f8a7c446a637a2be0a40336.JPG

snapshot3.JPG.50b8288e11786495bd5984dfcd796c7c.JPG

Edited by Guest

That is certainly bigger in the pictures than it looks on the website. If I was using an analog ptz like that, I would have liked it to

be much smaller. Especially if it only has 10x optical. The Dahua ptz's that are 2mp or 3mp are that big, but it's understandable.

It is a good price though for a ptz with IR's.

That is certainly bigger in the pictures than it looks on the website. If I was using an analog ptz like that, I would have liked it to

be much smaller. Especially if it only has 10x optical. The Dahua ptz's that are 2mp or 3mp are that big, but it's understandable.

It is a good price though for a ptz with IR's.

the dome is approx 4.5 inches in size if that helps in diameter height is approx 6 inches max.

Thanks for all the menu pics and your effort to do that. It's something to consider.

ill be honest its a dome ill be using as long as they are available, for the price im very impressed with build, weather proofing, camera image ir setup etc and general quality as its all metal; which some of the other less nice units from our local suppliers are only made of plastic housing etc, this is completly metal.

For some reason, that camera on your house does not look 4-6 inches.....

the pictures are quite close shots to the cameras I'll take a couple of wide shots later to show the true size compared to the building

LOL, funny one Shock. I have the bigger one on my balcony right now and I have a few of the small ones left after a big order.

I just saw now in Dahua, they have that smaller one in a 2mp 30x optical. I really want that one!

I have to thank you again for taking the time with all your photos. That camera looks more like a typical large ptz- certainly not a small mini size. I have a number of vids on my ptz I installed at home, but it's more expensive. More features and I like it a lot though. But I want a smaller camera for the back of the house.

I have to thank you again for taking the time with all your photos. That camera looks more like a typical large ptz- certainly not a small mini size. I have a number of vids on my ptz I installed at home, but it's more expensive. More features and I like it a lot though. But I want a smaller camera for the back of the house.

ive managed to find one of the boxes the cameras arrived in (i have 4 of these ir domes, 7 genies 5302 dome cameras, and 1 covert.) i have set two up on the front, and 2 up on the rear of the bungalow, (ones on the rear 1 camera is on the corner and 1 camera is in middle of bungalow overlooking garden area. and none of them look out of place at all, in fact people in street dont even notice them just uploaded a couple more shots of the info of the dome from the box to give model numbers etc.

1683345852_photo1.JPG.081ae4d97b6d249575bbeecc2afd63d9.JPG

856000621_photo2.JPG.8b6ab8baf1ea2db6fd619c76bacee1f5.JPG

Actually, to be more precise, the entire camera is 206mm, which is 8.1 inches. Not the 4.5 inches or 4-6 inches as stated. This pic is from the link you posted. It really doesn't matter the size of the dome itself, it's when you look at the entire thing on the side of your house, that is the measurement people would like to know. I even notice that you do not start your tape measure to the top of the camera. Not sure why, but it doesn't matter. According to the website, like I said, it's 206mm or alittle over 8 inches

to be exact. Still, that is not HUGE, but I'm not sure I would be calling it a mini PTZ.

238508_1.jpg

the tape measure has only just been done against the cameras to give members an idea oiof tru sizes,

Thanks for all the detailed info! This looks like a great deal.

I have a couple of questions, if you can answer, that would be great.

Do you control the cam through a serial port?

Can you use a USB adapter? (RS-485)

Does the cam come with s/w to do that?

What analog capture device are you using with it? PCI Card? USB stick?

Or is it just plugged into a monitor?

Can you program in a 'tour'? I would like it do do something like this:

Default posn. = Preset 1. At 7:00am go to Preset 2, and put the IR's at power level 3. At 6:00pm, go to Preset 3 and put IR level at 8... etc.

(I am assuming Presets will have position and zoom level set up as you want them).

Is the cam supported in Blue Iris?

What would be truly great is if you could put a video up on Youtube showing off the abilities like this one:

(I know, that's a lot to ask)

Thanks!

Can you program in a 'tour'? I would like it do do something like this:

Default posn. = Preset 1. At 7:00am go to Preset 2, and put the IR's at power level 3. At 6:00pm, go to Preset 3 and put IR level at 8... etc.

(I am assuming Presets will have position and zoom level set up as you want them).

You're talking about is a schedule in that example, not a tour. Some cameras will have scheduling or 'timing' as some refer to, and some won't. You set presets and then you make a schedule for certain presets to engage. If that's what you need, you have to confirm the ptz supports scheduling. The video you linked to was an example of a tour- a very basic thing that most ptz's can do. Although, even that feature can be different from camera to camera. I have a bosch ptz here at work that only supports one tour, which is pretty limiting. Ideally you want scheduling, plenty of presets to position, and up to eight custom tours that you can set for variety when needed- at least when it comes to those features. There's plenty of other features that a good ptz will offer too.

You're talking about is a schedule in that example, not a tour.

Thanks for the clarification. Yes I guess I need the schedule feature. But the video link shows the quality and adaptive features of that cam. So that's why I would like to see a similar video of this cam in action.

A sample video showing the image quality under the different lighting conditions would be

awesome!

In a nutshell, if the Preset could save the IR power level, along with the position, that would be great.

Blue Iris support would be the ultimate, because it does have options to create 'events' (They use that term instead of schedule and/or tour). I just looked at that and it can send IR (on, off, power level etc.) commands to the cam... IF it is supported