jgsx

Geo web problem

I am using a legit GV-600 card with Geo ver 6. I am having trouble with all of the web features. I can get Mpeg4 Encoder View and Remote Play Back to work on SOME of my local comptuers, but not all.

All of the computers that I am testing this on are local computers with IPs 192.168.1.x, and have no fire walls. All computers are XP with SP2.

I already changed my security settings by

In Internet Explorer. Select Tools, Internet Options, Security. Select Internet, then click on "Custom level". Change the following options :

Automatic Prompting for Active X controls - set to "enable"

Download Unsigned Active X Controls - set to "Prompt"

Initialise and script Active X controls not marked as safe - set to "Prompt"

That allowed Mpeg4 Encoder Viewer and Remote Play Back to work on two PCs. One three PCs, I get stuck in a loop. When trying to use Encoder View, Live.cab installs fine, and I am able to select DSL/Cable/T-1 and Multiview. The next step, it asks to install DownloadFile.cab. I click install, then after a few seconds, IE stops and says Error on Page. I have tried purching the cache and history, but nothing seems to do the trick.

I searched the forums but wasn't able to find a solution to this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Guest

unzip and run this program, it will install the codecs and activeX files, and register them on the PC. Click on the 2 buttons to do this. Check the "fresh" box if you want to delete any previous Geo ActiveX files/info. It installs Version 7.0 files, which works for 6.0 and above, legit cards only.

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/geo/GeoFix.zip

set the IE security settings back to DEFAULT, then go into in Custom Mode, and set Binary and Script behaviours to DISABLE, click OK, OK, and close the browser.

Run that GeoFix program again, click on both buttons (you should get prompts saying it was installed successfully for each button), then open IE back up and should be good to go.

Rory

Nope. I still get 'Error on Page' after installing DownloadFile.cab. It's crazy, this is on several PCs, but it works on several others. wow, this is frustrating

once you set the IE settings as above, it shouldnt download anything .. the trick is to make it not download anything, as that is installed using the GeoFix program.

Any other programs on it such as SplyBlaster, which stop ActiveX in IE ..

is it a Javascript error you are getting?

download this cleaner program, click analize and then run cleaner.

make sure IE is closed while you do this, CTR-ALT-DEL to make sure it is still not a process.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

Also, Internet Explorer Options, set them to Default on the 2 last tabs.

What OS are the ones that are giving the error?

Rory

what error are you getting .. is it on the bottom left .. can you do a screen shot of the page ..?

what error are you getting .. is it on the bottom left .. can you do a screen shot of the page ..?

Sure, here's the shot

32352_1.jpg

ok forget multicam for right now, does the single or 2 way view work ...??

My software doesnt install Multicam, which is a seperate program and not that stable anyways ..

double left click on that error at the bottom, and let me know what it sais .. which line is the error and if it gives any detail, you can do a screen shot of that too if you want, or just let me know what it sais ..

thanks

No, single or 2 view don't work either. I get a slightly different error. It asks to install Live.cab, which I accept. Then, it keeps saying 'ActiveX downloading please refresh'

When I refresh, it flashes 'ActiveX downloading please refresh' a few more times before offering to install again. I've tried installing Live.cab again, and also have said no dont install it. Neither works. It just keeps looping at that point.

I tried it, and i get this identical behavior on all the computers that dont wanna work. One the ones that like multiview, single or 2 works perfect.

Once you disable the Security Setting that Sais "Binary & Script Behaviours" and everything else is set to default .. then it shouldnt ask to download anything ..

Rory

also run the CCleaner ISSUES Section, and click Scan for Issues, then Fix Issues. Also run Win Doctor if you have it .. then try it out ..

With that disabled, the box still comes up asking to install or Don't Install

It shouldnt, did you set the Security Settings to Default?

Also, click on the Programs Tab - RESET WEB SETTINGS

Click on Advanced Tab - RESET DEFAULTS

this is also another powerful program, play with the Options first though .. check out the different levels .. take care with it though, read the help file or at least check the options out good before running it. It does some things the other cleaner doesnt do, such as deletes all Temp files, etc.

http://www.stevengould.org/software/cleanup/

With that disabled, the box still comes up asking to install or Don't Install

It shouldnt, did you set the Security Settings to Default?

Also, click on the Programs Tab - RESET WEB SETTINGS

Click on Advanced Tab - RESET DEFAULTS

Ok, this is the install prompt that I now get

32385_1.jpg

When I try to Reset Web Settings, I get an error 'Unable to reset Web settings'

also run the CCleaner ISSUES Section, and click Scan for Issues, then Fix Issues. Also run Win Doctor if you have it .. then try it out ..

I ran CCleaner, and it found a bunch of Issues. I fixed them all, and rebooted. I'm still having the same problem.

sounds like you have a browser hijacker.

Clean up the PC for malware first, download and run these programs, use defaults for anything they tell you.

http://www.misec.net/trojanhunter/

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/

http://www.ewido.net/en/

note - for the Trojan Hunter and Ewido, dont enable the guard, just run the scan. Ewido needs a fast PC btw, 2.4+Ghz and 512MB+ RAM. The other 2 run on almost anything.

Run the 2 Cleaners i linked above again, after you run these.

The more difficult program I linked to should do this, but either way you want to make sure to delete all TEMP files in the c:\documents & settings\username (logged in user name) \local settings\temp\

set View Folder options to view hidden files and folders so you can see that local setting folder.

And last resort, set up another ADMIN user profile, login on that and test the IE activeX then, as hijackers tend to use User profile accounts, so in a new profile you should be okay.

Rory

I had this same problem a while back. I had to do an exact combination of settings for security in order to get it to work. Unfortunately I didn't document what they were. Another time I actually stopped the security service which I think allowed me to do the install.

I don't know if you've already tried this but Rory knows the name of the service I don't remember it at the moment

The service is named: Security Center (no wonder I couldn't remember it).

I disabled this service.

Sorry if you have already tried this, just trying to help.

also, you can try setting up an additional admin user and try it from that profile. Security Rights may have been adjusted on the system though, you may also have to look at that, its in the control panel under Adminstrator Settings, and Security.

update:

i did all of that. i got frustraded and did a clean install of XP. Same problem

I upgraded the server to Geo ver 7, and the problem went away.