Sign in to follow this  
ccfred

can I remote view on android without internet connection?

hello everyone,

my first post here but I have been lurking for a while. Great forum!

my DVR is Dahua ESDV-Econo-4 that I have been using for almost 2 years.

now, I want to network it with my wifi router (WRT54G) and my Android tablet so that I can live view the cameras from my tablet except I am not interested in internet connectivity, only want to connect via wifi locally so that I can view from anywhere within range of my wifi router.

my questions are is this possible and if so how? all the guides/tutorials I have found while searching on this subject are for internet connectivity so I have finally joined here in hopes I can get this set up.

I have TinyCam Monitor app which I think should work for this but if I should use something else I am open to suggestions.

if I can manage to get this working I would be able to view my cams anywhere within wifi range and I think it would be pretty handy when repositioning or adding new cameras, no?

thanks

my DVR is Dahua Economy 4 channel that I have been using for almost 2 years.

I have TinyCam Monitor app which I think should work for this but if I should use something else I am open to suggestions.

if I can manage to get this working I would be able to view my cams anywhere within wifi range and I think it would be pretty handy when repositioning or adding new cameras, no?

In general it should work. I use that exact same app with ZoneMinder and it works fine. Assuming it has support for your DVR you should be good to go.

hi. yes you can and with being a local network you don't need to do any settings

just go into settings once all connected on your dvr then network and use the ip you see at top of page.

you should get good local coverage with that router

this is the app for your dvr

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mm.android.direct.gdmssphoneLite&hl=en_GB

thanks guys, I havnt tried anything yet. Im a bit confused about it and havnt found any info yet on doing it this way.

hi. yes you can and with being a local network you don't need to do any settings

just go into settings once all connected on your dvr then network and use the ip you see at top of page.

you should get good local coverage with that router

this is the app for your dvr

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mm.android.direct.gdmssphoneLite&hl=en_GB

perfect! although the forum auto-edited my model for whatever reason but I know it is a dahua that has been re-branded.

I found the app on dahuas site aswell: http://www.dahuasecurity.com/download_2_1.html

and the vendor that I got one of my cams from has a video demo of that app here:

and lots of other informative videos by them also.

yes, the WRT54G provides great coverage and reflashed DD-WRT as this one is it is at least one of the best if not The best.

now doing it this way will be broadcasting out in the open wont it? is there a way to encrypt it also? I think I can run an SSH server on this router but does that or other app work like this? maybe getting ahead of myself with that question but it is a concern. first to get it working any way.

thanks

I'll post back when I get a chance to try it.

WPA2-AES + MAC filter + Don"t broadcast SSID (Keeps the average person at bay)

setup second router without internet, intranet only, disable dhcp, static 10.10.xx.

Toss in a Windows box running IIS + SSL (selfssl /t) add https to localhost trusted sites.

local secure web interface-

VPN into first router from outside-

or am i way off...