theboss

Lines across the screen? Help!

Hi guys...

I need some help!

I'm raking my brain wondering why this is happening.

I need some people who are a expert in this field.

Now I got that adapter i said above but am sending it back because iv'e decide to go for a DVR (which i know have )

I have connected the CCTV camera to the DVR using a 20m BNC/Power cable

To power the camera I have a 12v 1500mah Power adapter

Camera states it needs 12v 700mah

Now this is what I'm seeing...what are the lines about they are moving up and down the screen.

237731_1.jpg

Is that a regulated power adapter? Use a different type 12V supply and see if it changes. If it doesn't change, then I'd say "ground loop" issue.

SectorSecurity[/b]"]Looks like either ghosting or a ground loop, I would say try a ground loop isolator, what is the camera mounted to?

The camera is just free on my desk at the moment I haven't mounted it anywhere. I have moved it around and it's still the same picture.

Do you mean one of these for ground loop problem?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BNC-Ground-Loop-Isolator-Video-Surveillance-GB001-/281168636079?pt=UK_CCTV&hash=item4176f4e8af

237795_1.jpg

english[/b]"]What else is plugged into the Syncmaster 172v, and have you played around with the settings?

Nothing! It's wired straight into the DVR via VGA cable.

aibudo[/b]"]Is that a regulated power adapter? Use a different type 12V supply and see if it changes. If it doesn't change, then I'd say "ground loop" issue.

Yes the listing for the Power adapter says REGULATED 12v 1500mah.

could it be the camera is getting too much Mah? it needs 700mah but it getting 1500mah

Disconnect the camera from the cable and temporarily connect the camera direct to the back of your DVR and see what happens. This will check a couple of things. One is a possible ground/shield issue with the cable. Plug the power supply into the same receptacle as the DVR. The 1500ma rating of the power supply is just the maximum that it can supply. You are well under that which is ok. Something else to try. If the DVR has a video out jack, disconnect the VGA cable to the monitor and connect the video out to a TV that has a video in (yellow jack for composite or green jack for component). Process of elimination will figure this out.

The camera has a female end on it so it will not plug straight into the DVR.

I have to send back the camera for replacement due to the pin coming out!

the white cable is the 20m cable.

237806_1.jpg

This is my DVR but the connection will not fit straight into the camera as you can see.

237806_2.jpg

Hi Guys.

Just to let you know It's sorted now!

Turns out it was a ground loop problem. bought a thingy off ebay for £6 and it's solved it " title="Applause" />