Dâniel Fraga

Dahua HFW3200S artifacts (1080p@30fps)

The Dahua HFW3200S camera shows artifacts when using the maximum resolution of 1080p@30fps. This seems to be caused by "sonia" and "VideoDaemon" binaries which are resource hungry and cause high load in the camera. See the video below.

Firmware used: 20130726

It seems the software used in Dahua is very bad written. The workaround is to use a lower resolution.

I have the same issue but I thought it was caused by the 2013 version of Milestone. I didn't have this issue with the 3200S on the old version of Milestone. I'm going to try an old version of the firmware and see if that helps.

The Dahua HFW3200S camera shows artifacts when using the maximum resolution of 1080p@30fps. This seems to be caused by "sonia" and "VideoDaemon" binaries which are resource hungry and cause high load in the camera. See the video below.

Firmware used: 20130726

It seems the software used in Dahua is very bad written. The workaround is to use a lower resolution.

Those are dropped p-frames.

Does it go away if you use a lower resolution or bit rate?

I think the Sonia software is part of the software library that TI provides for use with their DM365 processors. I don't know if Dahua tweaks it for their own purposes. I've always had trouble with the 3X00 performance at higher bit rates.

The DM365 product line manager for TI is named Sonia, for what that's worth.

Those are dropped p-frames.

Does it go away if you use a lower resolution or bit rate?

I think the Sonia software is part of the software library that TI provides for use with their DM365 processors. I don't know if Dahua tweaks it for their own purposes. I've always had trouble with the 3X00 performance at higher bit rates.

The DM365 product line manager for TI is named Sonia, for what that's worth.

Hi everyone! Yes, with lower resolution the problem is "solved".