avinsinanan

What is the difference between the CCTV and the Camera Lens?

Hi,

I am very new to this CCTV. What the differnce between the CCTV and the camera lens or camera?

I know its sounds like a stupid question but I just need to clear it up.

Also I am doing some work which includes connecting a CCTV system through and IDF amd MDF. Does anyone know any sites where I can get an introductory tutorial. The CCTV system will also inlclude multiplexers.

Thanks.

CCTV just stands for Closed Circuit Television.

Cameras use CCD, Charged Coupler Devices Also CMOS, but avoid these for security purposes. Good for Webcam for computer, but that's about it.

Lenses on the camera can be fixed or adjustable, known as varifocal.

The C-mount and CS-mount lenses are the most popular lenses.

I would do a search for CCTV terms and read through them to familarize yourself with the terminology and of course read through this forum.

Welcome and enjoy learning. There is a lot to learn.

Depends on what cameras you are refering to Broadcast, Consumer, Industrial or what?? As for c-mos Covi has an awesome c-mos camera for surveillance just alot of people don't know about them.

Covi is a 1/2" Progressive Scan 800TVL camera. They dont say whether it is a CCD or CMOS but if its the same Sony 1/2" 800TVL Progressive Scan Chip then it would be CCD. Or do they have another one now also?

I see they have changed it to HD sensor. I have the original brochures and cut sheets at work I will have to send them to you. Unless they have re-engineered in the last year it has a C-MOS imager I know for a fact because that was the first response I received when sending the specs to customers.

I think they just changed the terminology because c-mos has a bad name in CCTV. Out of the 200 brands of cameras I deal with I have yet to see a HD Sensor on a spec sheet. Sony and Panasonic both have 3-ccd cameras with 850lor but they still don't say HD Sensor whatcha think??

Yep, generally they only work with PCs also, Covi i guess built an analog convertor into the camera. .. so its HD if you connect it to a PC but 800TVL if using the BNC output.