Sign in to follow this  
olds403

Avigilion ACC 4.12 to 5.02 Should We Upgrade?

Hello, looking for those that have upgraded to ACC5.02 VMS. Any tips ? Avigilon just send us the latest newsletter and claims to be seemless, just can't have system issues. I have all the licenses for the VMS. I know orginally we had to enter them in ACC4 Thanks in advance.

If you have more then one server and running enterprise I highly recommend it. If you don't have the gateway licenses I also recommend it since the gateway license is built into ACC 5.You don't need any of your ACC 4 licenses for the upgrade process which takes about 10 minutes per server. Servers with an ACC 4 camera channel license added after September 1st, 2012 qualify for the free upgrade program.You will have to change the ports on your router and upgrade the client software manually which can take some time with larger systems.

personally i wouldn't upgrade it to v5 unless there is a new feature in v5 that you are wanting...

ive found the v5 layout to be non intuitive and 3 steps backwards compared to v4

personally i wouldn't upgrade it to v5 unless there is a new feature in v5 that you are wanting...

ive found the v5 layout to be non intuitive and 3 steps backwards compared to v4

I thought that at first to but it is really growing on me. What are you running? Core, Standard or Enterprise?

Also I don't refer to it as a "upgrade" this is new software with lots of cool new features coming.

Another really nice feature of ACC 5 is we now have the ability to see the server status and the ability to save the system status as a PDF. This is extremely helpful for documenting the system.

IMO It's like going from Windows XP to Windows 8. Some will like it, some wont. But it's here to stay. Me personally, I'm so fluent in 4.12 and work on systems every day from 1 server to 60 servers that I'm not ready for 5. I have 5 running at home to try and get used to it.

For those that have 4.12 systems and 5 systems that we need to connect to both, Avigilon released a stand alone client so you can run the 4.12 client and the 5 client on the same computer.

As you may or may not know 4.12 client can't see 5.x servers and the 5.x client can't see the 4.12 servers.

ftp://ftp.avigilon.com/AvigilonControlCenterClientStandalone-4.12.0.44.exe

Hello, thanks for the replies. The system was bought after 9/12 and we do have the gateway license. I am not sure if I am up for learning this all over again. Will it automatically know our system was bought after 9/12.