Sign in to follow this  
andresdamas

UNLICENSED COMPANY/ NOW CUSTOMER DONT WANT TO PAY

I have done CCTV the last 7 years, last years my low voltage license expired, it was some finantial issues that I am still dealing with, so 2 week ago I did a job to a customer, the total amount was 6000 dollar for 24 cameras installation including the camera and DVR 960h resolution, so customer never show up when we did the installation, all cableswe running outside thewall, becasue the office has a second floor and no attic, so I tied up the very professional to the corner where ceiling and wall end/start, after we finish the job, cameras look beautiful, remote conection works perfect, everything work great , customer is complainin very seriously about how it looks like, becasue it doesnt loo perfect, i explained about the building limitation and there were nothing we could do about it, anyways.. customer after playing with my time for probably one week and make me do free job for her like installin remote tv and runing extra cable she hit the point where sheis trying to use any excuse to no to pay me, and she want me to show my license, she said if my license is expirer she wont pay me... i think she already did some research and will use as excuse...

any help from you guys?

Thank you, she totally took advantage of my kindness

Send her a letter from a lawyer informing her that she will be sued if she doesn't pay. If she still doesn't, than bring

her to small claims court. Take pictures of all the work you did and receipts for all the parts you purchased.

Well this is a rock and a hard place.

1. Should have been legit to start.

2. You should immediately file a lien, if the state will let you without a license. States usually allow 30-90 days to file from the end of the job.

3. Send a certified demand letter with pay or return the equipment.

4. In the future use a licensing system. We use NST DVR's that have a dealer licensing system that protects the dealer. You select the time you want to run as DEMO mode and how many days to expiration. If they don't pay, they have a boat anchor. Completely eliminated dead beats.

Some States you can walk in and pick it up. Until they can show a bill of sale it is your equipment till paid for, but......you created a situation that limits your options as well.

You can also report to D&B, if they let you.

Do you have remote access? Is it PC or embedded?

Just unfortunate that licence run out

What you will understand is that your insurance cover does not cover job

But apart from the customer giving you problems ... She could give you problems on getting your licence again

So protect yourself ........ You may know another licences company you can use to go in and check and sign off your work .... Ok it will cost you more money

But at least it will be certified and also your workmanship will also have backing from a second company.

Then fight for your money