Sign in to follow this  
T95

Jerk in ip cam

Hi All

When i connect ip cam more then one with PC or HVR/NVR . Its seem non real time view like there is jerk on screen but when i maximize a cam (1 cam view on full screen) its become real and shows view without any jerk while i m locally connected with it.

Is there any solution to solve it out ???

Sounds like an error in coding. Something is wrong with the refresh and/or draw rate. You could try to update your DirectDraw version. Check your video card settings for refresh performance. But I am still leaning towards error or compatabilty in coding.

Dear

THanks for your reply ..

can you please explain it little bit more as i have tried with HD LED or in H.264 coding.. But the problem is still remains same.

T95,

If it is from PC, your PC CPU performance is not enough for decoding &

displaying the compressed bit stream.

The same can be said of standalone, NVR. Its hardware performance is not

good enough as it claims.

I started to notice This industry over-states too much as the pricing rules out.

You should check your CPU usage while it's viewing to see if you're loading things down.

You might want to compare the jerk timing to your i-frame setting, as well. I find many cameras show a small glitch at the i-frame timing, which would indicate it's slowing down when processing the i-frame and causing the jerk.

So, if you're running 10 fps with an i-frame of 20, that would be an i-frame every 2 seconds. Likewise, an i-frame of 10 would be every second. If the jerk happens at a repeatable time (every second or whatever), it may be struggling with the i-frame decoding when it comes in, especially with multiple cams decoding at once. Your CPU utilization should show that.

Do these jerks show in the recordings, or just in the live view?

Max,

You can check with some professionals -compression. I frame decoding may be faster than P frame decoding because no other reference video are needed when decoding.

You should check your CPU usage while it's viewing to see if you're loading things down.

You might want to compare the jerk timing to your i-frame setting, as well. I find many cameras show a small glitch at the i-frame timing, which would indicate it's slowing down when processing the i-frame and causing the jerk.

So, if you're running 10 fps with an i-frame of 20, that would be an i-frame every 2 seconds. Likewise, an i-frame of 10 would be every second. If the jerk happens at a repeatable time (every second or whatever), it may be struggling with the i-frame decoding when it comes in, especially with multiple cams decoding at once. Your CPU utilization should show that.

Do these jerks show in the recordings, or just in the live view?

Dear Thanks for your reply/suggestion.

the jerks comes in live view only. If we check recording is seem 100% accurate result.

The Dahua 4300S I'm testing now has a live view jerk when it decodes the i-frame. It's very repeatable and changes frequency when you change the i-frame setting. I haven't checked to see if it does it in the recordings.

MaxIcon,

You could be right. I Frame carries more larger bit stream size than that of P Frame. So may be in trouble

to load it for decoding buffer or encoding, due to heavy traffic load to CPU or rather small sized internal buffer. These can not be resolved by firmware alone. This happens either to a IP camera side, or NVR side, or network transit-buffer. Anyway, you better report to NVR maker. How do I know? I am a chip guy.