Sign in to follow this  
Razer_SE

Help me shop for a large gate/access system. Suggestions?

So, I'm in the market in the future for a new gate/access control system. I need to control this gate system from a single location, but I'm going to have say 100+ separate remote locations.

Locations are spread out over a multi state area, and a system that just connects to the network via Ethernet is a must. Each system will only be controlling one gate for the most part, but some will control two.

Access is via a keypad, with usually only one or two keypads per location though there are exceptions for more keypads. Keypad will need to be a simple enter the code type keypad, seven to nine digit code for example, no card access just simple codes. All keypads need to be weatherproof as they'll all be outdoors.

Any ideas on where to look for a system of this style? It seems most systems do not scale to this size very well. I have a system that works now, but we are outgrowing it I guess. Ideas on where to at least start researching would be welcome. I'm a while out from a purchase, but starting to look.

If you PM me with further details I have a few in mind depending on your configuration.

Is this for trucking based facilities? Do you need a system that complies with CTPAT certification? If security is a high priority, I would advise against code only.

We have done complete control centers that you can control all your gates no matter where in the world if you have IP. Tons of features.

I'll send you a PM, no need for CTPAT in our case, and though a code can be shared it is the only cost effective solution as we'd be churning through 1k-2k access cards a month and that would just become insane quickly.

That's what we use, HID Edge or VertX controllers but it's card based access control. Do they have keypad access control?

Is this for people or cars/trucks? if it's for cars/trucks, we use LPR based access control.

This is for vehicles to enter an outdoor gate into a stand alone property. Cards are a non starter, as with anything else physical, as there would be an average of 25,000+ cards or whatever a year need to be given out and retrieved. That will never happen lol; so a keypad is our only option.

People will have multiple vehicles enter almost always, say 4-5 per person at times so LPR would be rough if not impossible. Then there are rentals and other concerns in our use that would greatly complicate it.

Each person has a unique code to access the properties, and the code will only work at their specific property. Anywhere from 50-500 people may have unique codes for a single location. If these people are paid up and such they can access fine, if delinquent then access for their code is suspended. This is all handled automatically by our customer system, codes are sent to a text file that the current gate system picks up and then sends to the correct locations gate controller. If suspended, they have not paid, then that too is written to the file and code is removed. All automatically. 24/7 365 access, so it's all or nothing and very simple from that standpoint.

Yep, Doorking, can updated via dial up modem, IP or cloud access to set codes. The problem with codes and why we moved away from that is that people share codes. Between SMS, Twitter, Facebook, people are connected and sharing codes has never been easier. We have individual codes at our pied-a-terre and I don't even remember my code, so I call someone I know in the building and he gives me his.