Sign in to follow this  
philn67

Avtech Eagle Eyes not working with Sky Broadband

I have an Avetech DVR hooked up to 1 camera and have been happily using Eagle Eyes for remote viewing with O2 broadband for the last few years. Now o2 has sold out to Sky and it no longer works, the fail message is '"address" The IP address is not accessible". I called o2 who were no help, no longer offer support, and Sky were no help whatsoever. Sky suggested that the IP may have been static, but they use dynamic. O2 said nothing should have changed and gave me an IP address to "reinsert into the camera". I have no idea what to do, can anyone help or advise? The supplier are no help because they redirect all support issue to 'setup dept' which has a large 'installation fee', which I already paid once.

I read somewhere that Sky will block external connections to the router?

Hi snappier thanks for the reply. Ok it seems that may be the problem. Ive read through the link, what I don't understand is step 4 'a tool running on your server'. I don't have a server, so how would I set this up?

The DVR is your server in this case, and is should have an option in there somewhere for DDNS information. You will plug in the domain name and you account info so the DVR knows where to report your IP changes to.