andersh67

Unable to view my IP camera remotely

I got some IP cameras from eBay from China. The brand is called B-Qtech and model nr is BQ-ND3006-P.

I am having major problems getting these accessible outside my firewall. I have tried forwarding different ports but no luck.

Does anyone have any experience with this brand?

When I access the URL with port from an external computer or cell phone I am able to see the cameras login page. But I cannot login and are also not able to set them up through an Android app to view. What can be wrong?

Different brands require different ports to be opened up from 1 port as you probably opened up to 3 ports. It's best if you contact the place you got it from and ask them because there are many unknown brands from small companies in China and they all work differently.

Here are some screenshots of the settings options in the cam's UI. Can you figure out from this what ports need to be opened?

If more than 1, can I also change these ports from within this UI or is that always the same?

240510_1.jpg

240510_2.jpg

240510_3.jpg

Here's another screenshot. Question, why does it say Webserver? Is there any specific settings due it seems to be running some kind of web server?

240511_1.jpg

IP camera's bascially run tiny servers feeding the video out.

I'm assuming you are trying to xxxx.dvripc.cn? This throws up activex download for me just to login. That would likely explain why it's not working on android if you need that just to login.

Your screenshots are also showing:

"ddns status: network connect fail"

IP camera's bascially run tiny servers feeding the video out.

I'm assuming you are trying to xxxx.dvripc.cn? This throws up activex download for me just to login. That would likely explain why it's not working on android if you need that just to login.

Your screenshots are also showing:

"ddns status: network connect fail"

Well I do not want to use DDNS so I tool that away now. Still do not work.

The port I forward in my router, does that have to be maintained in the cam's interface, or are those ports something else?

What I do is change all the port numbers in the camera config to consecutive numbers, say 5000, 5001, 5002. Then open range of ports like 5000-5002 to the camera's IP and that usually works. Doesn't matter what the ports are for, sometimes it just needs them.

Someday this will all go away when it IPV4 goes to IPV6 and that should be accelerated with the Internet of Things gaining momentum. My ISP is not quite there yet, keep hoping.