Sign in to follow this  
Nola26

Axis Replacements

I manage a crime camera network of 25 Axis cameras. All of the cameras are mounted on utility poles and utilize network radios to communicate back to my server which runs Milestone. The cameras are all PTZ and are mostly Axis P5534 or Sony SNC-RZ25

I have a few cameras that the focus motors are broken which makes the zoom function null. Most of the time I can find the point of the zoom that will bring the camera into focus but I will need to replace the camera.

I was wondering if you can buy just the camera, without the weatherproof housing?

Or can anyone recommend an Axis or Sony replacement camera that may be less expensive but with a good HD picture? From a lot of the forums I have read, most people consider Axis overpriced for features available on less expensive cameras.

Having ptz cameras on patrol voids the p55 warranty I believe. Have you contacted support to see if they can sell the camera without the housing, don't know if it would save much. The Dahua PTZ cameras seem sturdy, haven't had one fail yet in constant use on patrols and they are dirt cheap, about $1,300 to 1,500 depending on resolution and have a better picture than the P55 which has serious dome defect issues I don't think they resolved yet. I replace Axis Q60 at one location with Dahua because of image quality.