Sign in to follow this  
GLOCKer

Help with Lorex system please!!!!

I'm taking a shot in the dark here ,I am having an issue with my Lorex LH158000. Currently, I CAN access my security camera DVR from my phone, my tablet, and my computers both at home and work. However, I CAN'T access the DVR from the DVR. The lights on the box blink, and the video is displaying on the VGA monitor, but the mouse, remote control, and the buttons on the DVR aren't responding. Does anybody have any ideas? I am trying to avoid sending the DVR back to Lorex if I can. I submitted a help ticket initially with Lorex, and they closed it without responding. After calling, they said send it back.

Thank you!

That is really odd! Does the mouse have power? Also, I am guessing a reboot did nothing to help matters?

I would pop the case off and see if there is just something unplugged before sending it back.

Sounds like your VGA monitor might be on the Aux output instead of the main menu output.

Can you default the machine through the web interface?

According to their user manual, try to press and hold down the stop button for 15 seconds and it will return the DVR to its default resolution.

I'm taking a shot in the dark here ,I am having an issue with my Lorex LH158000. Currently, I CAN access my security camera DVR from my phone, my tablet, and my computers both at home and work. However, I CAN'T access the DVR from the DVR. The lights on the box blink, and the video is displaying on the VGA monitor, but the mouse, remote control, and the buttons on the DVR aren't responding.

I have the exact same problem with my LH150 ECO4 system. Over time, DVR based input just stops responding. I've tried unplug/replug the usb mouse (including, moving it to the USB connection on the front). Punching the buttons on the front don't work. Everything fine with the remote connection options like you mention.

Only fix I've found is to power cycle the box which is a little roll of the dice, but the odds now days are in your favor as opposed to older equipment when cutting power to an HD could be catastrophic. I think less likely these days. As long as it's not going through an Auto System Update...which according to Lorex can brick the DVR if power is lost.

One thing I haven't tried, is removing the mouse when not using. Then plugging in later when I do want to use. Small hope since it's likely not specific to the mouse given the front panel stops responding.

And yeah....Lorex support...laughable.

Does it have a keylock button on the front of the DVR?

Mine doesn't.

But, after some searching, I found an interesting FAQ on the Lorex site:

(http://www.lorextechnology.com/downloads/security-dvr/LH110-Series/LH110_SERIES_FAQ_EN_R4.pdf)

Q: When connected to a VGA monitor, why can’t I see a mouse cursor, or access the system menus by using the front panel controls of the DVR?

Solution 1

You may have accidently switched the system output by pressing the 0 button on the remote; or the DVR did not properly detect the VGA monitor.

To switch back to VGA mode:

1 Turn on the DVR. Wait for it to boot into the main window.

2 Press the 0 (zero) button on the remote.

NOTE: Pressing the 0 (zero) button on the remote changes the DVR from SPOT OUT mode to VGA mode. After the DVR is in VGA mode, you will be able to see your mouse and access to the menu.

Low hope here. I have the monitor connected via HDMI and powered off. But worth a try next time it repros.

There's a Solution 2 which has "Power off the DVR" as the first step, which I already know works.

Now if I can figure out why it no longer shows any motion events on the playback timeline, I'll be marginally happy

Just for completeness (for future searchers )...

Hitting "0" 3 times on the remote brought it back (beeped and I was able to use the mouse and interact), so that's good news.

The DVR did get into a state where no events were being recorded and it took a complete formatting of the DVRs HD to get it working again. Mildly happy there was a solution.