Sign in to follow this  
Shinobi

HIKVISION + external audio

Hi,

I was wondering which external microphones I can connect to a HIKVISION DS-2CD2732F-IS camera. Do they use a standard 3.5mm connector?

Any suggestions for a good microphone? People will be a few meters away from the camera...

THX guys

There is just two wires for audio in and you can chose if it's line in or mic in from the firmware. Very few if any have actual jacks. Sorry, don't have a mic recommendation.

The only hikvision camera I have seen with a 3.5mm mic in/line in jack was the box camera. (also one of the few with BNC out).

That model also doesn't include any RCA/3.5mm jack with leads in the camera, and doesn't mention anything in the manual on how to connect a mic either, but you just have to cut the audio cable from the group of cables (bundled together with alarm inputs) and splice with a mic or your own RCA jack with leads.

I would just get a camera with a built-in mic or at least one with a RCA jack/3.5mm already available.

ok so theoretically I could use the two audio cables and install a 3,5mm jack and a microphone on it.

i tried a camera with built-in microphone, but since it's used outdoors, i get a lot of wind noise...

i will just use an external mic and put a cover on it, which hopefully works fine then

i'm pretty sure thats gonna be a stupid question, but i'm really no expert with microphones...

Q: How many cables do I need for the microphone? Only the mic-in? What if I also need to power the microphone? Is there also an option for that?

It requires two wires to connect a microphone. If it's a powered microphone as most CCTV microphones are, you'll need a separate 12V power supply for the mic, but this camera takes an un-amplified mic, so 2 wires is fine. Just solder them to a jack and plug in the mic.

Someone here tried the Olympus ME-42W noise cancelling mic and was happy with it but it's not intended for the outdoors so put it where it's sheltered. Here's the post with pictures, scroll to the bottom of the page - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=37523&p=230129&hilit=olympus+mic#p230129

LOL and they call it "mini microphone"? Have you seen the pictures? If they are correct, I am not sure I would call it "mini"...

241742_1.jpg

Edit: Take a look at the specs, it works with a AAA battery.

I would get it just for the "Dead Kitten Windscreen" since I've never seen one and don't like cats. Seriously, do you want a microphone that runs 24/7 and uses batteries so you have to change them every few days?

no, of course i would prefer a microphone without batteries, but i thought the audio would be too low or not work at all.

in my scenario i would only use the microphone for a few hourse during a weekend, but if the outcome is good enough, i definitely prefer a good and small outdoor microphone without the need for batteries or a power supply.

any other microphone suggestions?

Maybe i should clarify what kind of audio i want to record. It will used at paintball fields. Camera and mic will be 3 meters away from the field and i want to have the audio of the game and what people are screaming on the field.

Any idea for a good mic?

OK, now I understand, you need a good omnidirectional mic and a camcorder. Having an IP camera would not be a good idea for this.

The microphone you mentioned, the one that comes with a dead cat will not work because it's like a shotgun mic, designed to reject lateral noises and focus on a narrow area in front of the mic. Good for doing press interviews, not so much for covering a large sport field.

Mic's usually have a sound pattern in their specs, so you can see what they cover. Also look for a stereo mic as they have 2 mics inside of one to cover left and right sound. Look for one with a big foam head to reduce wind noise.

Hi, I know an IP camera is not perfect, but for my purpose it's the best solution. Trust me, I've looked at other options like webcams, action cams, camcorder etc.

Can you show me an example microphone, which would be good for me?

It requires two wires to connect a microphone. If it's a powered microphone as most CCTV microphones are, you'll need a separate 12V power supply for the mic, but this camera takes an un-amplified mic, so 2 wires is fine. Just solder them to a jack and plug in the mic.

Someone here tried the Olympus ME-42W noise cancelling mic and was happy with it but it's not intended for the outdoors so put it where it's sheltered. Here's the post with pictures, scroll to the bottom of the page - http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=37523&p=230129&hilit=olympus+mic#p230129

Hello

I need IP camera with audio for small office 15 m2 with open door to noisy street.

I thinking to buy DS-2CD2732F-IS and for audio Olympus ME-42W (if there is better option for similar price let me know)

My concerns are:

1. Not sure if I completly understand how to connect this microphone. I just cut cables from both sides and connect?

Another member here posted link

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=230062#p230062

There is many cables on which I should connect?

2. Is this microphone enough for small office with open door to noisy street?

Thank you.

There's an extra pigtail if you get the model with an S at the end. The pigtail has about 8 wires on it, two will be labeled for the microphone. You will need to solder a jack suitable for that Olympus microphone. Then plug the microphone in. In the configuration screens for audio, you can chose mic or line in. Chose mic and set the volume to your taste. My disclaimer is I have never tested with that microphone, so just going by what someone said works for them.