Sign in to follow this  
steuk

Syno surveillance station configuration questions

Hello all,

I installed my 6 cams at home saturday (I'm really glad !).

Now I want to setup my surveillance station.

So I added one cam (Onvif, because DS-2CD2332-I is not known by Syno yet) and started to play with it.

I have two questions :

1. How can I configure it to send substream with the emails ? (I configured emails notifications so I receive alarms on my mailbox, but no video attached)
  2. How can I make it record in 4:3 ? (it records videos in 16:9 which streches the image)

Thanks by advance.

Hello all,

I installed my 6 cams at home saturday (I'm really glad !).

Now I want to setup my surveillance station.

So I added one cam (Onvif, because DS-2CD2332-I is not known by Syno yet) and started to play with it.

I have two questions :

1. How can I configure it to send substream with the emails ? (I configured emails notifications so I receive alarms on my mailbox, but no video attached)
  2. How can I make it record in 4:3 ? (it records videos in 16:9 which streches the image)

Thanks by advance.

set it up as PSIA instead of onvif, works much better, i have 10 hikvision cameras running with syno surveillance station as PSIA.

can't help with the other questions as i havent figured it out.

I just configured my cam as a PSIA device.

Now I can choose to record with my camera motion detection (not on Surveillance Station motion detection).

So I configured my area to detect movement directly on the cam.

What I don't get is : I configure my area on the cam, and I configure on surveillance where to record (on nas) and what to do (send email), am I right doing like this ?

It's a kind of mixed configuration and it gives me a headache...

I just configured my cam as a PSIA device.

Now I can choose to record with my camera motion detection (not on Surveillance Station motion detection).

So I configured my area to detect movement directly on the cam.

What I don't get is : I configure my area on the cam, and I configure on surveillance where to record (on nas) and what to do (send email), am I right doing like this ?

It's a kind of mixed configuration and it gives me a headache...

yes configure motion detection sensitivity and area on camera

where to record on nas and what to email with synology.

That's what I thought (but I was really not sure ), thank you for the confirmation.

About sensitivity, high number means high sensitivity (i.e : at 100, you catch bugs ) ?

That's what I thought (but I was really not sure ), thank you for the confirmation.

About sensitivity, high number means high sensitivity (i.e : at 100, you catch bugs ) ?

i have sensitivity set to minimum, and it still catches more motion then i want.

On my cam I can choose "0" or "20" (nothing between these 2 numbers).

Are you able to set "10" for example ?

At "20", I still have more motion detection than expected, should I set "0" instead or does "0" mean no motion detection at all ?

In these conditions motion detection is almost unusable for me...Is there a way to make it more accurate ? (some settings I didn't find...)

On my cam I can choose "0" or "20" (nothing between these 2 numbers).

Are you able to set "10" for example ?

At "20", I still have more motion detection than expected, should I set "0" instead or does "0" mean no motion detection at all ?

In these conditions motion detection is almost unusable for me...Is there a way to make it more accurate ? (some settings I didn't find...)

i have mine at 20, it works ok for me, but in certain conditions like snow etc, you will get massive amounts of notifications.

I think I need to define a better area for motion detection (threes move - we have lot of wind these days)...

About recording, I want to set motion detection when I'm not at home, and continously record the remaining time (with no notification).

You may think it's strange, but the reason is simple : I have a baby, and you know babys can be funny sometimes. So if something happens that I want to keep in mind forever, I'd better record it on my cams

My question is : Do I set motion hours on my cameras (since I asked Surveillance Station to use my cam motion detection) or in SS ? Same question applies for simple recording all the remaining time.

Thanks for your help.