Securame

Dahua - different output on VGA and HDMI ports?

I tried this with no luck a DVR 5108HE and with a NVR 5216. I am mainly used to Hikvision units and this is easy to set up on them, so I am starting to think it can not be done with Dahua...

What I would like to do is have a different output on the VGA and HDMI ports. Like, maybe see cameras 1-4 on the VGA port and 5-8 on the HDMI port. All I get is a cloned display, so I see the same on both outputs (even the mouse cursor, etc). I have been told that I can only see different outputs with the units that have a "spot out", which is kinda useless, since I think that on the spot output I can only see one channel (events, etc).

Does anyone have something like this working? Or I am out of luck with Dahua?

The QVIS version apollo prolite has spot output which if you go into Matrix setting on menu you can select 4CH - 9CH etc but its BNC output not VGA or HDMI these are only for main monitor

The QVIS version apollo prolite has spot output which if you go into Matrix setting on menu you can select 4CH - 9CH etc but its BNC output not VGA or HDMI these are only for main monitor

That kinda sucks, at least on the NVR. I guess that's why they don't have a spot output on them, having 1080p cameras displayed on an analog output would be kinda lame. Any other hints are welcome!

MindTwist,

We all know that HDMI can go a bit longer than VGA connection.

Your wish is not the fault of DVR manufacturer's. It is limited by the chip set they select. These kinds of chip sets use their DDR bandwidth to its maximum under the allowed heat budget and number of DDRs on the board. So, it is nobody's fault, at this moment. If we guys keep raising our voices, then they will be heard by other chipset makers. How do I know? I am a chip guy.