fas

battery backup ups

If you have 4 cameras, and you have a ups with 4 ups outlets, can you double up two cameras in one outlet? They are only 12 volts.

If you buy a power distribution box you can plug it into the UPS, no problem. Or you can plug a power strip into the UPS and plug the camera power supply into the power strip. Don’t know if this is code or not but it works.

I'm trying to do the job as cheap as possible, and since the package comes with wire and power supplies for each camera, I would like to do it that way, otherwise I would opt for the single power supply for all 4 cameras.

If you want cheap then use a power strip and plug the power cords for each camera into it and then the power stirp into the back of the UPS. If each camera come with its own power supply.

Otherwise it is just as cheap or cheaper to buy an inexpensive power box, which looks better and is more professional looking. Not to mention the box will have fused power connections giving you another layer of protection for your cameras.

I would rather do it your way with siamese cable and a single power box, but it's $99 for the roll of siamese and $89 for the power box! The other way I don't have to pay anything because it's included.

If you want to save money then just use the plug in power supplies like Jasper said, Cable is important but if you really need to save money just buy the 100' all in one RCA-BNC cable. Dont go to far with it though, 100' is the max i would do with them.

Well you answered your own question then.

I just don't know how good those power supplies that come with your cameras are. I would check each one with a multi-meter if you have one available.

Would you be buying the power box from somebody that participates in the forum?

I don't know if they do or not. They were the cheapest company I could find anywhere that would sell a nuvico dvr package with 4 cameras. Some of their individual stuff is not that cheap though, like power boxes.

Well if their that cheap I guess they have to make a little money somewhere.

It sounds like your set then.

I've noticed the prices on the internet for siamese are very high. I can understand why they do this, the shipping is probably really expensive as the 500' rolls are heavy! I've seen siamese for as low as $66 on the internet, but the shipping was around $50 or more, so it all works out the same. The only way to get siamese at a cheaper price is to go to an alarm supply house if you have one in your area. That's what I have been told, but I don't have any near me.

I've noticed the prices on the internet for siamese are very high. I can understand why they do this, the shipping is probably really expensive as the 500' rolls are heavy! I've seen siamese for as low as $66 on the internet, but the shipping was around $50 or more, so it all works out the same. The only way to get siamese at a cheaper price is to go to an alarm supply house if you have one in your area. That's what I have been told, but I don't have any near me.

I think your trying to get things a little too cheap.

You can't get it for less than what the seller pays for it.

Can't stay in business doing that. Plus at that price they are barely making any money. That link to DigitalWatchGuard was a good price I thought.

Something to remember....what is the quality of the coax? 75% braided or 95% braided? One is more expensive then the other but worth the cost.

The link above was to 95% copper braiding and was at a good price.

Maybe you need to find a place that is really close to cut down on the shipping charges?

I just bought 500' of that cable and paid $99 dollars for it. It was well worth it.

Its very heavy so shipping is expensive, costs a $200 1000' roll of cable $500 to land here ..!!