BassTeQ

U?sing dynamic DNS with HikVision NVR

Hi all,

Im trying to setup DDNS on a hikvision NVR, does the below image look correct, eg the Server Address and

Domain?

243413_1.jpg

I know the user/pass are correct, I'm just not seeing the NVR update the IP with the no-ip website. I cant find any logs on the NVR to view so not sure how to check why its failing?

Any ideas?

Thanks

I'm sure your behind a firewall. You need to put the dns info in the router and forward the appropriate ports.

Firewall is open all ports outbound, if I run the windows no ip client it works fine, but the NVR is not doing any updates.

Hmmm doesn't appear to be working, rebooted NVR, IP still hasn't updated.

Make a screenshot of the network section on the Hik unit. You need a DNS configured.

Also, I hope you are not puting http:// in front of the domain on the DDNS section...

I have seen many cases where the DVR does not understand how to deal with the router and it either fails or reports the wrong address (it will report it's internal non-routable IP, instead of the public IP) . It is always easiest to put the DDNS info in the router and just make sure the port forwarding is correct.

Screen shots attached. The NVR supports the DDNS so it should work. I'm not sure of the capabilities of the customers router yet so would prefer to get the NVR working!

dyndns.png.fad02883bd64ea5a7c0493ddeea23d4a.png

tcpip.png.f7b11ae568cd915cd10f226a3643b409.png

I'm not sure how you have this set up so I could be wrong, but with any dvr I usually have DHCP on only once, for the router to initially assign an address to the dvr. Once that's done, I put it to static and disable DHCP. Then the port forwarding in the router is associated with the dvr's static address from that point forward. It may be that since you have auto and DHCP enabled, the address is changing all the time and therefore causing you the problems.

That's the fallback plan, just silly that's its not working when all has been setup as required.

Any idea whats the support email address is for hikvision?

Have you tried to get to the DVR from the outside with just the WAN IP address?

I'm not sure of the capabilities of the customers router yet so would prefer to get the NVR working!

Firewall is open all ports outbound, if I run the windows no ip client it works fine, but the NVR is not doing any updates.

So have you been in the customers router or not?

I'm setting it up at home for now, I know my router is working fine. Actually I did have this exact problem at another job with the same model NVR that it will not update the DDNS, so I ended up setting up the client router to do it.

I know this is a little late, but for what its worth, I managed to get it working by skipping the user name in the domain box. i.e., in this case, just use: no-ip.biz and set the server as dynupdate.no-ip.com as someone else suggested.