ganjafarmer143

samsung camera system?

Samsung SDS-P5100N 16 Channel DVR Security System 2 TB HDD 10 Box Cameras

so basically i'm considering getting this camera bundle...my house is about 3000 sq ft but has a good bit of land on either side and right now has no security system...looking mainly for cameras for outdoor use...i am new to this....

many ppl say to go with lorex but then say lorex is the best of the worst....i want something good and i have no problem putting out the money for a good system but nothing as pricey as axis...i know it is worth the money but it is way out of budget...

i'm guessing i'll need minimum 6 cameras... plz let me know what u guys think of the samsung and also what you would recommend

Thanks!

https://www.samsung-security.com/products/security-cameras/analog-cameras/bullet-cameras/sco-2080r.aspx

These are nice "cheap" analog bullets. I'd compare images from them vs Dahua and Hik network cams in the same under $250 price range before deciding on mid-range or upper low end analog gear though. Personally, I wouldn't go with box cameras (not weatherproof) in big industrial enclosures all around my house. I have no specific recommendation for a good analog DVR. Digital Watchdogs I've heard are good, upper end QSee, and the Dahuas seem to have lots of fans. Hikvision makes a decent NVR but I've got no experience with their DVRs. Geovision makes a nice dvr card for a computer, but by the time I paid for the card and computer I'd rather have spent the money towards hi-def network cameras that'd run on a cheaper computer, no expensive card, and the free software that usually comes with running same-brand cameras. Depends on what you expect out of your system though. You want to check someone for acne at 50 feet and see it in the recorded video while still covering a house with 6 cameras? Don't even think about low budget analog. If you've ONLY got a very limited budget for 6 cams plus recording solution, get analog, and think like you're buying real estate- location location location! You'll really have to have good lighting, good angles, and a very close shot to get a good face picture. Same goes for hi-def network cameras, but what's true for megapixel cams is often doubly so for analog. As far as budget goes, it's usually cheaper to add lighting to bring the performance of cheaper cameras up to a decent level than buying expensive cams and not adding lighting. Don't ignore lighting.

thanks very much for all the info...i don't really want to get an analog camera as i'm not too pleased with the picture quality...this is the exact one i was looking at

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SDS-P5100N-Channel-Security-Cameras/dp/B00CTUU0E0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395438545&sr=8-1&keywords=Samsung+SDS-P5100N+16+Channel+DVR+Security+System+2+TB+HDD+10+Box+Cameras

it says it is hd...if i were to say budget about US$1,500 for an hd or if possible a megapixel camera set with 6 cameras and a dvr with all weather proof night vision etc.....what would you recommend?

Thanks

That combo system is analog not IP.

A Samsung combo IP system is over your budget.

The Swann IP system (actually Hikvision) from Costco is close to your budget.

ok cool thanks

is it possible to mix and match say two different cameras but of the same brand and connect them both to the same dvr? like say....buy two different Samsung cameras and connect it to a samsung dvr?

reason why i ask is some areas around the house only requires close night vision whereby some areas it is a very far distance....so i'm thinking cheaper camera for close distances and excellent expensive cameras for the longer distances....of course lighting will be great for both applications...my budget would have to be higher to do this but is it possible?

Mixing camera types in an installation is recommended.

There is no single camera that is perfect for every situation.

I use mini domes to capture facial at the entrance because lighting can be controlled and helped by motion lighting.

Mini domes are also smaller, more discrete but need light.

I use standard domes with better zoom and low light capability on the exterior to cover the perimeter.

I use box cameras with enclosures when I need even better zoom and low light capability.

In an analog CCTV system, the video signal that the camera outputs is standard composite.

This video signal is transmitted over coaxial wire.

With analog, you can mix and match different camera models and different brands to your recording device (DVR).

In an IP CCTV system, the video signal is digital.

This digital information is transmitted over Ethernet twisted pair wire.

With IP, the recording device can be an all-in-one box called network video recorder (NVR)

Entry level NVR usually support only same make cameras.

Higher end NVR support different make cameras.

Also, with IP, the recording device can be a dedicated computer with network switch running video management software (VMS)

Entry level VMS usually support only same make cameras and is usually free.

Higher end VMS usually support many different types and brands and is not free.

The Samsung SNO-6011R is a 2MP IR Bullet IP camera with 3.8mm fixed lens only.

For areas that need better zoom, the Samsung SNO-6084R 2MP IR Bullet IP camera has a vari-focal motorized 3.0mm-8.5mm lens.

If you are set on Samsung for all the IP cameras, than look at Samsung's NVRs (Network Video Recorders) for your recording needs.

You might have more luck posting on the IP/Megapixel Cameras and Software Solutions Forum if you want feedback/opinions on specific IP cameras.

Include a brief description in the subject/topic line e.g. (Samsung SNO-6011R 2MP IR Bullet camera opinions?) because we can't remember all model numbers...

Also, include a link/url to manufacture's camera in the message body i.e.

https://www.samsung-security.com/SAMSUNG/upload/Product_Specifications/SNO-6011R_Datasheet.pdf

Because we are lazy and Google is too rich...