Mike_UK

Upgrading my current setup?

Hi all,

just wanted to get some opinions on my options.

I bought a 960H system a few months back (Swann DVR9-4200 with 4x Pro-642 Cameras) http://www.swann.com/uk/swdvk-942004

Although the quality initially seemed quite good, I am now not so sure. Is there any way of upgrading the cameras? Ive been looking at the Pro-780 (http://www.swann.com/uk/swpro-780cam) and was wondering if I will see much improvement over the Pro-642's I currently have. Night vision is quite poor on the ones i currently have and just from what it says on the Swann website these are much better for night vision. However, would it be just cheaper buying a IR floodlight for the area or are the cameras actually better? Or are there other cameras which are better that I should be looking at?

Or...should I just scrap the whole thing and get a better DVR & Cameras (HD etc) bearing in mind I don't want to be spending over a thousand really if i went down that route.

Any suggestions greatly received.

Thanks, Mike

If you are satisfied with the daytime picture, installing floodlights (NO IR) would solve your issue, other wise don't waste time and money on another analog camera.

If you can fit the bill look into upgrading to megapixel cameras, you wont be disappointed.

If you are satisfied with the daytime picture, installing floodlights (NO IR) would solve your issue, other wise don't waste time and money on another analog camera.

If you can fit the bill look into upgrading to megapixel cameras, you wont be disappointed.

Thanks for the reply coolie11,

The daytime picture is ok, but the night pic is poor. I actually bought a floodlight a few days ago and it doesn't really do much for the night picture as it just makes peoples faces bright white.

Could I upgrade the cameras to digital megapixel ones with the same DVR I have now or would I need to upgrade the DVR too?

Thanks very much!