Sign in to follow this  
jeromephone

recording audio/video

i have a customer who wants to review what his medical professionals are doing. They want a camera and microphone in the room and then after the fact talk about how the dentist interacted with the patient.

They want to have full time recording with audio and video they want to be able to look at a whole days recording without having to jump from one 5 min clip to another. The idea is they would have to keep only a couple of days storage. Does Axis software or some other brand allow for several hours long clips? I checked Geovision and it looks like even on constant recording the longest single file is 5 min. I know you can combine clips but they don't want to do that.

Thanks

Blue Iris lets you set the recording size to whatever you want, from individual motion detect clips to 8 hours or more, and it's pretty easy to scroll along the timeline to find what you need on a single cam. I've never used larger than 8 hours, but I believe you can set it larger if desired.

It supports many brands and models of cams, and requires a pretty powerful PC if you run a lot of MP at high frame rates, but can handle a couple of cams on most modern PCs.

You can download a demo version to try it out. Others can say whether their favorite software will do this as well.