Sign in to follow this  
pbar

Viewing On Mobile Phone - Hikvision

HI. Could someone please offer some help, I am trying to view my system on my phone. I could do this with my previous AVTech box, using Eagle Eyes etc. but am struggling with my new one. I have -

Hikvision DS-7204HWI-SH

Netgear Router 834GT

Android phone Wildfire HTC

Hikvision viewing software iVMS-4500

The router is set to UPNP, so it will (I assume) by forwarding ports. The Hikvision software is set to use port 8000.

I can view the cameras on any computer, remotely, no problem.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated, thanks.

I wish I had an answer for you but I will give you a free bump. I am looking at an NVR and HIKvision jumped out at me. I hope you dont mind if I ask you a few questions. How happy are you with the hardware? Who's cameras are you running? Where did you buy it?

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am very happy so far with the Hikvision unit, the best one I have used so far. There are an awful lot of things/settings you can alter though, for those who are not willing to be too 'techy', it may seem over bearing I think. But it is good, and you can obviously leave most settings as they are. At the moment this unit just has a couple of Sony (I think) bullet cameras. I would definitely but from 2SeeTV, do an internet search on these. Great company, very helpful. Have used them before and will again. Very quick replies to e-mails, will do all they can to help.

The router is set to UPNP, so it will (I assume) by forwarding ports. The Hikvision software is set to use port 8000.

Do not assume, and forward the ports yourself (or put your DVR IP address in the DMZ).

hmm i would check out the machine and see what port they have under upnp for the server port. that is the number you need to put in ivms 4500's port section (could be dif than 8000)

2nd is if the rtsp port is 554, change it, because many mobile provider seems to block that port. you can still connect but only get black screen if your phone provider blocked it.

Thanks for the replies, appreciate it. Still no luck though I'm afraid. I have tried entering the IP in the DMZ option. I have also tried manually forwarding the 3 ports that I believe are needed. I have also tried changing those 3 ports in case of a clash with something else. And have checked that the system is using port 8000. But I am still unable to view the cameras on my phone (I just get a network connect error), either remotely or at home on my own network/wi-fi. I must be doing something wrong, but what?!

Alternatively, as I can't see myself ever getting this to work without some help to be honest, does anyone know of any other software which will enable remote viewing with this Hikvision model please?

I would definitely but from 2SeeTV, do an internet search on these. Great company, very helpful. Have used them before and will again. Very quick replies to e-mails, will do all they can to help.

And they can't help you with the phone app? Without indepth access, forum help is largely futile in matters of networking issues. It becomes paramount that after purchase customer service is top notch to help you through everything pertaining to their products. You need to look to them to make it right. Best of luck working it out.

Try to ask a friend to try on his phone, might just be your phone.

alternatively, test out the Hikvision demo site on your phone, if your phone can't see the demo, could be the way you are entering the information.

Tips:

Register mode should be IP/Domain

don't put the http port behind address

Port refers to your Server port

Camera No. is automatically generated

Screenshot_2014-04-07-02-44-23.thumb.png.a83d684ec51e9c103af02528cde6c8d8.png

I would definitely but from 2SeeTV, do an internet search on these. Great company, very helpful. Have used them before and will again. Very quick replies to e-mails, will do all they can to help.

And they can't help you with the phone app?

I haven't asked them about this yet, only tried here for help so far. The company really does go the extra mile, pre sales and post. Honestly, they are outstanding and very helpful. I have bought from them before and will do so again.

Try to ask a friend to try on his phone, might just be your phone.

alternatively, test out the Hikvision demo site on your phone, if your phone can't see the demo, could be the way you are entering the information.

[attachment=0]Screenshot_2014-04-07-02-44-23.png[/attachment]

Tips:

Register mode should be IP/Domain

don't put the http port behind address

Port refers to your Server port

Camera No. is automatically generated

Thanks for your help. I have tried other phones, same issue, networking error. I will try out the demo site, wasn't aware of that, thanks. The camera number is not automatically generated for me, I have to put that in, if that might provide a clue?

Yes the camera number should come up automatically after you click 'Save' icon on upper right.

You can also use two other apps but they are all identical pretty much.

NVMS7000

or

Guarding Expert

If you have wifi at the location, try it on wifi try using your local IP, that should work even if you have networking problems. If it doesn't work on your phone even locally on wifi, its not the ports then.

I think the latest software may differ a little. For example you can't click save, unless you enter a camera number first. I have also been trying to view the cameras on the phone locally, using the home network, by entering the local I.P address over the wi-fi, still no joy, brings up the same network error message.

I think the latest software may differ a little. For example you can't click save, unless you enter a camera number first. I have also been trying to view the cameras on the phone locally, using the home network, by entering the local I.P address over the wi-fi, still no joy, brings up the same network error message.

That is surely an OLD version of the software...

Superb, you guys have sorted it for me. I was using an older version of the software. All the things I've tried, altering router settings, changing/forwarding ports, and I never thought of that. I only downloaded it a couple of weeks ago from the Hikvision site itself, yet it's ages behind the one in that link. Thanks again, works flawlessly now, very surprised at just how good it is.

Yeah Hikvision puts even the old apps as part of the download, you have to be careful of the launch date of the software and make sure you don't dl the old one.

I just recently read a thread on the Linksys forum with exactly you problem, I think the answer was it's about the new routers being attacked with a DNS rebinding virus, it is a matter of the security on the router and the cure supposedly was to disable "cut through" which was a setting buried in the router administrator settings, you might see if you can get some help from the router manufacture--