videocheez

Comparison between Dahua mini PTZ and ACTi mini PTZ

I am interested in purchasing my first PTZ camera on my home security system and was just about ready to pull the trigger on the Dahua SD42212SN-HN 2MP Mini PTZ when I read a review about the ACTi B95 1080P Outdoor Mini PTZ and started to wonder if the ACT' would be worth the extra $400.

I'm currently have a 7 camera system running BlueIris on Windows i7 PC. I was wondering if both of the the cams that I've mentioned would work on Blue Iris. I read on the review that the ACTi camera has excellent performance in low light and I don't recall reading that about the Dahua cam.

I'm familiar with the phrase, "you get what you pay for" but $400 is a lot of money and if the Dahua is pretty good, I might be willing to accept the deficiencies.

Thx, VC

I don't know much about the ACTi cams but this particular model is supposed to be a vast improvement on previous models.

I've got to say, for the money and simply being time tested and proven to work, I'd have to choose the Dahua over the ACTi. You're familiar with "you get what you pay for" but I'm a bigger fan of "want vs need." I can't imagine a scenario where the Dahua cam isn't going to do the job for you where the ACTi would.