fas

How long to guarantee equipment?

In general, how long to you guarantee the equipment you install for your customers? Let's say 3 years down the road a camera dies, do you replace it without charge?

Down here, no more than 3 months, if they're lucky they may get 1 year ... then they have the choice to pay for shipping & customs to send it back to the manufacturer for a replacement.

We guarantee parts 7 labour for 1 year, but it has to depend on how much you are building in to the price to cover any warranty issues.

Too many companies don't appear to take into account the very real cost of providing an on site warranty when pricing their systems.

Doug L

In general, how long to you guarantee the equipment you install for your customers? Let's say 3 years down the road a camera dies, do you replace it without charge?

I go with manufactures warranty and would build in the labor into the install price unless they complain about finding online cheaper then I stress the labor for warranty issues and if they still complain make them pay for labor if warranty issue happens.

Oops, that supposed to be parts & labour for 1 year

Doug

We guarantee parts 7 labour for 1 year, but it has to depend on how much you are building in to the price to cover any warranty issues.

Too many companies don't appear to take into account the very real cost of providing an on site warranty when pricing their systems.

Doug L

when I first got into this industry I started for a guy who provided a year parts and labor warranty. The main reason why he went out of business was trying to fulfill those warrenties. What we do is 90 warranty on the installation and 1 year warranty on the equipment. But also make sure you have them sign something at the beginning saying what your warranty does not cover.