jstoddard

Emergency call boxes

I am looking for manufacturers of emergency call boxes. The application would be a college where the boxes would be scattered around the campus. They currently have a radio solution which they wish to replace as it is constantly breaking due to bad solar panels, poor radio performance, etc.

They may be receptive to trenching if a hardwire solution is available but we still might consider radio.

Any ideas??

Jason

look inthe viking electronics catalog online

they should have what you want these units are basically an outdoor analog phone which can be connected to an existing pbx or programmed to dial a specific number when the button is pressed some have the strobe or blue light special. simple and stable

If you can convince them to trench or directional bore, that would be the best. However, it will be a lot of money. Anything radio is not guaranteed. However, I understand that universities are having success with a wireless mesh... Companies like firetide provide this. Also, do not put in VIKING... that is an intercom.. You are looking for a solution such as:

Talkaphone

Gaitronics

Codeblue

Zenitel

Command

Hope this helps.

I am talking about the viking emgency phones for pools elevators etc. They have the built in dialers and are set up to use pots lines. We have also used KINGS III phones in a parking structure