Sign in to follow this  
RIPE

How Do I Setup an External Microphone?

What do I need to set up an external microphone so that I can hear it in the house? I have a Dahua Hybrid 16 channel DVR. None of my cameras are close to the location I need the microphone to be placed. Please list parts either generically, individually, or as a kit. My budget is limited. Thanks CCTV Forum member in advance. Assume I know nothing.

If Dahua Hybrid is anything like Hikvision Hybrid, they should have at least 4 RCA (Or BNC) audio input in the back (which corresponds to ch 1,2,3,4 of the analog side). If you run a mic to input 1, you just need to click on ch 1 (of the analog camera) and enable audio. The audio will also be recorded into ch 1.

So find out what the input for the DVR and run audio cable like this stuff on Amazon: amazon.com/gp/product/B006VQATDK/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 to the microphone. I shoot pictures of my neighbor. He goes out and buys a nylon vertical shoulder holster for a .38/.357 and two speed loaders. Getting neighbors to live on their property and stay off my property is a challenge. This (relatively) new neighbor is a military chaplain and he thinks he owns the subdivision.