Sign in to follow this  
1FastTrespiper

Repair leaking eyeball cameras

Huh, not sure how, looking at that. Even if you can, the seal somehow is shot and it would likely keep recurring. You're probably better off getting a new camera. Once they take on moisture, it comes back again and again.

If I could get it open without distroying it I would dry it out and put silicone sealer on it. I have a dead one I'm going to experament on but I would like to get some sort of starting point. I think its worth a try the thing is only a couple of years old.

shockwave199, you were right it unscrews in the middle. Put it in the vise and tried a large pipe wrench on it and couldn't get it open. Crushed it in the vise and got it open. This camera was burned out so it didn't matter.

figured out another way to get the lens out without distroying it.

I took pic's and I'm going to make a how to repair a leaking camera topic.

opencamera1.thumb.jpg.e46c6a15d7b6c296795957e97f3a0577.jpg

camera1.thumb.jpg.f6d99a1b23a84e4e6dab697b404a026b.jpg

Dry it out in an airing cupboard, then if you have a small silica pack (desiccant) inside if there is space.

The desiccant will absorb the . The cable is usually sealed by compressing a rubber washer around the cable at the entry point.

Also some plunger;s tape PPTFE) will help seal out moisture after stting up angle and focus fill the holes with silicone or even blu tack

Well done for not letting thisdefeat you " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />

I have sourced and fitted loads of these cameras , and tbh the ones that had silica bags already in them were the ones that gave me trouble , ie customer phones a couple of days after install to report cameras misted up. Now I allways split these and take the bags out , and blow with a hair dryer for a minute.

I think the problem is they are manufactured in Far East in a humid environment , then sealed with humid air inside them .

So the answer is , swap it for some good English air !!