carlom

Connect to Hikvision to download sd memory card (FTP)?

I have a ds-2cd2432f-iw recording on the SD card.

How can I connect to the sd card without removing it from the camera to download all the videos on it?

I tried FTP with the admin user and was not successful.

Any ideas?

How good are you with Linux? You can telnet into the camera, find the mount point for the SD card, then use the ftpput command that's on the camera to ftp the files to your ftp server.

How good are you with Linux? You can telnet into the camera, find the mount point for the SD card, then use the ftpput command that's on the camera to ftp the files to your ftp server.

worth a shot! thanks!

You can download videos and snapshots via the camera's web interface to the computer you are logged into the web interface from in the playback section.

Just to let you know you can also enable the ftp server on the camera and pull the files rather than push. Search my posts for info.

Also, you'll get massive extent files - not the individual videos/pics on the SD card which is probably not what you want. If you want to extract the videos and pics only you'll need to either:

- use the web interface

- use the SDK

- write your own file extractor to parse the index files (which is actually quite fun if you like such things)